PINE64

Full Version: Android Rooted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(04-30-2016, 12:22 AM)rakib-hasan Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the rooted DD image. Worked great.

Also, tried the phoenix card image. Couldn't get it to boot. Waited for 20 minutes for the initial boot. Didn't get past the initial "android" screen. It didn't even show the Pine64 screen (where I assume it extracts the OS).

Anyone successful with the phoenix card image?

Strange, the DD image read from the boot up microSD card that created by Phoenix card.
(04-29-2016, 11:22 PM)rakib-hasan Wrote: [ -> ], Thanks for the build and the next build plan. Do you have any plan to include HDMI-CEC?

Since my sdcard is 32GB, I am going to use the phoenix card method and based on the description, it seems that the phoenix card image is rootable but not rooted. Can anyone suggest a method (preferably an easy one Smile) to root that image?

Noted on the HDMi-CE request, sorry that this request not in my top priority list but I will check on.

The PhoenixCard image can be root, just execute the superSU app, select "norma;" option, and the app will detected the image can be root and starts the rooted process (need to reboot).
(04-30-2016, 12:23 AM)JulianM Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to try the following tutorial to resize the partitions of your microSD cards after flashing the Image via DD:

- Easy Resize and Back up Raspberry Pi SD Card with Ubuntu

Good luck!

No easy to resize the Android partition. If there is popular request, I will create 16, 32, and 64GB image.
(04-30-2016, 12:36 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2016, 12:23 AM)JulianM Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to try the following tutorial to resize the partitions of your microSD cards after flashing the Image via DD:

- Easy Resize and Back up Raspberry Pi SD Card with Ubuntu

Good luck!

No easy to resize the Android partition. If there is popular request, I will create 16, 32, and 64GB image.

I am currently using 64GB Cards, however, I have windows so using Phoenix is not an issue.  That said I also have Ubuntu machines I can run DD from as well, so either way I am good I know I can DD from windows as well, but... meh I have the other machines so...

Also, after a few phoenix attempts it finally flashed my card and it is now sitting at the PINE 64 splash screen.   The one thing I wish the board had was a disk access led for the SD card, that way we could tell if it is frozen or if it is just chugging away at stuff...  wonder if I could rig one.... hrm, TO THE SCHEMATIC!
(04-30-2016, 12:31 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2016, 12:22 AM)rakib-hasan Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the rooted DD image. Worked great.

Also, tried the phoenix card image. Couldn't get it to boot. Waited for 20 minutes for the initial boot. Didn't get past the initial "android" screen. It didn't even show the Pine64 screen (where I assume it extracts the OS).

Strange, the DD image read from the boot up microSD card that created by Phoenix card.

Tried 4 times in a row. It worked twice and failed twice. Must be a PhoenixCard issue (although it finished successfully). But at least, I have it working now. Thanks

(04-30-2016, 12:35 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2016, 11:22 PM)rakib-hasan Wrote: [ -> ], Thanks for the build and the next build plan. Do you have any plan to include HDMI-CEC?

Since my sdcard is 32GB, I am going to use the phoenix card method and based on the description, it seems that the phoenix card image is rootable but not rooted. Can anyone suggest a method (preferably an easy one Smile) to root that image?

Noted on the HDMi-CE request, sorry that this request not in my top priority list but I will check on.

The PhoenixCard image can be root, just execute the superSU app, select "norma;" option, and the app will detected the image can be root and starts the rooted process (need to reboot).

Thanks for the quick response.
(04-30-2016, 01:36 AM)rakib-hasan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2016, 12:31 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

Tried 4 times in a row. It worked twice and failed twice. Must be a PhoenixCard issue (although it finished successfully). But at least, I have it working now. Thanks

(04-30-2016, 12:35 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the quick response.

I had to format and re-flash on phoenix several times before it took without error.  But once it wrote without error it booted up on the first try.  It probably took around 15-30 minutes, but I was not timing it.   On initial boot I did NOT have any access to the network. I rebooted the unit and after reboot it optimized two applications, and then the network was working.  I don't know why it wouldn't initialize the network after the first boot but if anyone is having issues with network after first boot they should try a reboot.  I don't know if it keeps a log of what it optimized or were to check to see if it did something on that second boot that fixed the network or not. IF someone is interested in that information and knows were it may be I am willing to retrieve it for you just let me know where it is.  SuperSU Binaries are loaded and I am cycling the unit for boot 3 now.  Everything seems in order for the root.  If anything is amiss I will report back.

Everything still seems to be running well. I have run into compatibility issues for a few things, none of them a huge issue, but both Amazon's main program as well as paypal report they are incompatible with my device. I was going to install a program that makes it super easy to change the device info so I can grab them that way but I forgot it uses the xposed framework. That requires a bootloader like TWRP... SO I will have to figure a way around that... Although that may be a new thread issue... not sure... it is a root issue, but... different software this is more about the actual android root itself... any thoughts on xposed framework and or weather a new thread should be made for it?

(*All that said, I know of other ways around these issues, the easiest may be to just download the apk's elsewhere, doing searches for things like that is faster with a full browser but until my USB hub or second pine64+Wifi/Bluetooth arrives I am stuck with just two ports for my keyboard and mouse)
(04-30-2016, 12:22 AM)rakib-hasan Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone successful with the phoenix card image?

Yes. Burn failed the first two times. On the third time I got successful card write.
Does anyone else have issue with the Play Store? It crashes every time on any of the android images. It works fine on the latest Remix OS image, but not on any of the Android ones. It seems to be related to the newest version of Play because if I roll back updates it will work. However, Netflix requires the update.
That is really odd, play is working gangbusters, in fact I used titanium backup to transfer around apps that claim incompatibility like PayPal and I have yet to have any critical errors, even chrome is working perfect.
I also have problems with the playstore. When I try to install an app it says it can't be downloaded due to an error retrieving information from server.
This is only for the latest image, the 0303 worked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9