PINE64

Full Version: Android Rooted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(04-29-2016, 10:28 AM)AA666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2016, 12:36 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]Good news, the new build, from our Android team with Allwinner assistance, that will be released on tomorrow (if tested good today) is a root version. The SuperSU already installed and please check out.
Really good news, thanks for update! It will be great to see it today, even without deep testing process. Perhaps we can test it by ourselves, its not a issue to burn one more SD card. Please keep us updated.

Yesterday tested good, new build can be rooted and installed superSU. I will posted on late today.
(04-29-2016, 10:38 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday tested good, new build can be rooted and installed superSU. I will posted on late today.

I'm sure we are all looking forward to it, I know I am Smile
As am I, after this, I will just need to order my screen, case, and wifi... Possibly the battery, though I will be using it mostly inside, I have thought of a smaller battery possibly just to go from point to point... but I will probably get the battery too, and probably a RTC battery enclosure just in case, and while I am at it a board or two more... which those I can order now actually.... OFF TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY!
Rooted build already release: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release
The next build will be released in two weeks time, include;
- OTA
- New method of MAC address assigning method
- UVC USB Camera support
- TV overscan adjustment
WOOOT THanks ! I can NOT thank you enough! Just to be sure, we have to reflash our drives correct? This can not be done OTA? I am assuming no but want to make sure.
, Thanks for the build and the next build plan. Do you have any plan to include HDMI-CEC?

Since my sdcard is 32GB, I am going to use the phoenix card method and based on the description, it seems that the phoenix card image is rootable but not rooted. Can anyone suggest a method (preferably an easy one Smile) to root that image?
I am trying to flash mine now, to find out BUT my card reader took a dump and I am debating different solutions atm

when I get it done I will post.
Tried the rooted DD image. Worked great.

Also, tried the phoenix card image. Couldn't get it to boot. Waited for 20 minutes for the initial boot. Didn't get past the initial "android" screen. It didn't even show the Pine64 screen (where I assume it extracts the OS).

Anyone successful with the phoenix card image?
Feel free to try the following tutorial to resize the partitions of your microSD cards after flashing the Image via DD:

- Easy Resize and Back up Raspberry Pi SD Card with Ubuntu

Good luck!
(04-29-2016, 11:00 PM)MrWizerd Wrote: [ -> ]WOOOT THanks !  I can NOT thank you enough!  Just to be sure, we have to reflash our drives correct? This can not be done OTA?   I am assuming no but want to make sure.

Currently cannot be done OTA. It seems the root implementation break the OTA function and our engineer still explore on getting both root and OTA work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9