Mobian .desktop file creation
(07-22-2023, 01:34 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: So, that does make the icon show up correctly, but it doesn't run any of the commands in the opened terminal bc it's read-only, is that related at all or a different issue?

I am not that familiar with Python but I think it might work if you put the exec line like this:
Code:
Exec=bash -c 'cd /home/mobian/MyWaydroidManager/ && python3 MyWaydroidManager.py'

or

Code:
Exec=python3 /home/mobian/MyWaydroidManager/MyWaydroidManager.py

or maybe Big Grin

Code:
Exec=/usr/bin/env python3 /home/mobian/MyWaydroidManager/MyWaydroidManager.py

Just throwing curve balls but either of those should not make any harm so feel free to try Smile

If your desktop file does not open terminal at all you might want to install gnome-terminal and try then again Smile (recent versions of console will support opening trough desktop files but that is not the case with all version)
(07-23-2023, 11:55 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 01:34 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: So, that does make the icon show up correctly, but it doesn't run any of the commands in the opened terminal bc it's read-only, is that related at all or a different issue?

I am not that familiar with Python but I think it might work if you put the exec line like this:
Code:
Exec=bash -c 'cd /home/mobian/MyWaydroidManager/ && python3 MyWaydroidManager.py'

or

Code:
Exec=python3 /home/mobian/MyWaydroidManager/MyWaydroidManager.py

or maybe Big Grin

Code:
Exec=/usr/bin/env python3 /home/mobian/MyWaydroidManager/MyWaydroidManager.py

Just throwing curve balls but either of those should not make any harm so feel free to try Smile

If your desktop file does not open terminal at all you might want to install gnome-terminal and try then again Smile (recent versions of console will support opening trough desktop files but that is not the case with all version)
Thanks for taking the time to help with this, I tried all three of those and I still get a terminal that opens to a Read-Only file system, and tells me it cant 'cd to scripts'
-_-.....
So close to figuring this out..
(07-23-2023, 02:53 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to help with this, I tried all three of those and I still get a terminal that opens to a Read-Only file system, and tells me it cant 'cd to scripts'
-_-.....

Then the issue must be in the python script?
Because there are no cd command to scripts.

So now you should be at the point where your desktop file will execute your python script but the script somehow fails Smile
(07-23-2023, 04:07 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(07-23-2023, 02:53 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to help with this, I tried all three of those and I still get a terminal that opens to a Read-Only file system, and tells me it cant 'cd to scripts'
-_-.....

Then the issue must be in the python script?
Because there are no cd command to scripts.

So now you should be at the point where your desktop file will execute your python script but the script somehow fails Smile

I figured it out after a week of debugging, it was not the python program but the bash scripts, the directories they created with my installer were made with sudo, which was the cause of my issues
(07-27-2023, 02:09 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: So now you should be at the point where your desktop file will execute your python script but the script somehow fails Smile

I figured it out after a week of debugging, it was not the python program but the bash scripts, the directories they created with my installer were made with sudo, which was the cause of my issues

Awesome. I am really looking forward your app. I did try the old one some time a go and the idea is awesome.
With PP it is bit too slow but I think your work is really valuable and people will love it when it become ready Smile
(07-27-2023, 02:45 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(07-27-2023, 02:09 PM)MadameMalady Wrote: So now you should be at the point where your desktop file will execute your python script but the script somehow fails Smile

Awesome. I am really looking forward your app. I did try the old one some time a go and the idea is awesome.
With PP it is bit too slow but I think your work is really valuable and people will love it when it become ready Smile

Thank so much!
I've been working hard on it, and so far It works pretty well on Ubuntu, Debian, and Mobian, but additional distros and options are a work in progress. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 14 1,887 Yesterday, 05:40 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Disable the GDM service in Mobian. mburns 0 471 11-25-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 894 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  "failed to start simple desktop display manager" PinePhonePro / Plasma Beta15 RC4 OhMeadhbh 1 660 11-09-2023, 07:39 AM
  Fix the Mobian Weather App mburns 0 504 11-07-2023, 10:01 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 715 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 606 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  Mobian libnotify custom notifications MadameMalady 5 1,410 08-01-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  XFCE mobian running nicely but some oddities grump_fiddle_reinstall 0 809 07-01-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  [Mobian] : Battery consumption and OS compatibility freelectro 2 1,085 06-02-2023, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal