Seeking your experiences: PinePhone in snug cases of other phones
Tough crowd ;)

I can now report that a case designed for the Motorola Moto G7 Power is a decent fit on a PinePhone.[1]

This particular case design seems commonly associated with the vendor "nakedcellphone", but I ordered elsewhere and mine arrived completely unbranded. It's anyones guess who commissions/makes/sells these. There are versions of this case available for multiple different phones, including others with sizes similar to the PinePhone (e.g. Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro and LG K50/Q60).[1] I chose the G7 Power version because its camera hole is not too close to a corner, and the hard shell attachment points have rotational symmetry. The case arrived with a glass screen protector and a holster with a spring clip. The screen protector is a bit too narrow for the PinePhone, but would still protect most of the screen. I have no real complaints about the belt holster, though I don't intend to use it. Almost all the hard plastic of the case & holster has either a thin rubber coating or a very fine texture. I hope it's the latter for the sake of long term durability, but in either case, repeated use of the holster will wear some areas of the case & holster smooth and shiny. The holster does offer fantastic screen protection, at least while the phone is not in use.

This case does need a few modifications to work well with the PinePhone, but they should not be too difficult. I intend to install the hard shell upside down, so that I can cut a hole for the PinePhone camera without coming too close to the original camera hole.

Unmodified. Note the center is fortunately not a magnetic stripe eraser, but just a metal plate.

Unmodified.

Unmodified.

Unmodified.

Unmodified. The button depressors somewhat line up. The volume buttons work fine. The power button works but exhibits very little tactile response. I have not decided what to do about this.

[1] Unfortunately, Motorola seems to have used the same model name on phones of different sizes. The Moto G7 Power referenced here is supposedly the USA (or maybe North American) version, measuring 160.83x76x9.4mm. There is supposedly also another version (possibly for the European and/or other markets), measuring 159.43x76x9.3mm. On a related note, the Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Supra, and Moto G7 Optimo Maxx may have the same form factor in the US (/NA?) market. I do not know whether a Supra or Optimo Maxx is marketed elsewhere, and if so, what dimensions they have. There may also exist another Supra phone with different dimensions.

EDIT: Be sure to read my following posts. This case has some shortcomings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking your experiences: PinePhone in snug cases of other phones - by mycycles - 01-14-2023, 01:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Case for Pinephone totilele 13 7,706 04-11-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: gramonyl
  PinePhone Dock with laptop? Mikey1977Y2J 2 685 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mikey1977Y2J
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 8,321 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 483 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 553 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 1,076 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Mouse for the PinePhone? Peter Gamma 21 15,695 10-04-2023, 10:24 AM
  PinePhone Wallet Case Shane 5 5,118 09-17-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: J T
  KB: Using bus powered USB peripherals with the pinephone keyboard mounted docsunset 9 38,108 08-07-2023, 06:12 AM
Last Post: mikeb
  PinePhone flex breakout board with Grove female header jnpine 0 663 08-04-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: jnpine