Power issue with the Pro
(04-17-2022, 07:05 AM)Freitag Wrote: [quote pid="109174" dateline="1650171296"]

I DEFINITELY have thoughts. There's a catch though. As I just got my PPP a few weeks ago and as I KNOW that it's a work in progress (between alpha and beta,) I bought it with THAT foreknowledge and I want to figure out how to get in touch with whomever organizes any effort going into fixing problems. Would you be so kind as to help me find my way to them? I have truly apologize that my first question is an answer to your question. But, seeing as how I also have the battery issue, have a BRAND SPANKIN NEW PPP and STILL need to follow the instructions I was given about dd'ing a <800 KB file to my 8 MB SD... Yeah, I gotta fix myself so I can ACTUALLY HELP!

Tim,

If I understand, and I apologize if no -I am an insomniac, so sometimes my mind doesn't function as well as I would like, you are seeing the same battery drain issue. Is it only occurring during the update process, or all the time? Were you able to update from the terminal (sudo pacman -Syyu)? I noted above, I was able to update this way, but still get a message about offline updates not occurring, and the option to repair/update. I have a half dozen other projects I am working, so the PPP is languishing. None of this really gets you the answer you want, contact details for whomever is fronting the Pro's bug fix, for lack of a better term, program. Again, apologies, I don't have better answers for you.
[/quote]

Yeah, I lost my onscreen keyboard even on the command line. With over 200+ updates and that, I very badly want to start from scratch. Catch is, I've got enough net to tell me I need them, but it won't even let me download them!
 Like computing && Like Linux == good people

Messages In This Thread
Power issue with the Pro - by Freitag - 04-05-2022, 03:43 PM
RE: Pro, potentially bricked, at a loss (a question for a question?) - by Tim_D - 04-20-2022, 12:06 AM
RE: Power issue with the Pro - by LPIZ - 04-25-2022, 06:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tow-Boot issue Barugon 1 1,377 10-22-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AndrewBlackmiller
  Would disabling all cpu's except one save power on the PPP? rp3 3 2,014 08-27-2022, 01:10 AM
Last Post: uzanto
  Guide to power off the Pinephone Pro on low battery Ulfnic 5 3,778 02-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: dexy
  Battery charging issue kileel 1 1,772 12-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: kileel