Power issue with the Pro
Question 
(04-05-2022, 03:43 PM)Freitag Wrote: I've received the Pro for doing some light dev/messing around with, and to use as a daily sms unit. I got time to pull battery contact protector strip, and plug the unit in last night, all much like the 'regular' pinephone. I did notice that the battery was at 50%, which I thought would be expected, it needing a top off. I also noted it was draining, slowly, as I set up wifi et cetera -pretty much wifi and the pine64 arm wallpaper. Weird, but I can swap batteries if need be was my thinking, were it the battery. I started the update process, and let it do its thing, not checking it again until this afternoon, leaving the phone connected to a vanilla wall power usb plug that is surge-protected. There is now no response to button presses, no change if I swap to the battery from the non-Pro model, no friendly red/green led when the usb cable is connected. My first thought was, hell, failure to update, any number of reasons, I can install the OS myself, not a big deal. Upon further examination, this may be the case, or there are any number of other possibilities that I can think of. The older pinephone will boot up with either battery, so I am going to fully charge both, leaving the Pro unpowered overnight, and see what happens in the morning. Honestly, the battery shouldn't, in my mind, be the issue, if the unit is connected to external power, be it PC or wall plug. I hope I've given a detailed enough description, I am doing my best to not work on other things while typing this. Battery troubleshooting aside, does anyone have any thoughts?

I DEFINITELY have thoughts. There's a catch though. As I just got my PPP a few weeks ago and as I KNOW that it's a work in progress (between alpha and beta,) I bought it with THAT foreknowledge and I want to figure out how to get in touch with whomever organizes any effort going into fixing problems. Would you be so kind as to help me find my way to them? I have truly apologize that my first question is an answer to your question. But, seeing as how I also have the battery issue, have a BRAND SPANKIN NEW PPP and STILL need to follow the instructions I was given about dd'ing a <800 KB file to my 8 MB SD... Yeah, I gotta fix myself so I can ACTUALLY HELP!
 Like computing && Like Linux == good people

Messages In This Thread
Power issue with the Pro - by Freitag - 04-05-2022, 03:43 PM
RE: Pro, potentially bricked, at a loss (a question for a question?) - by Tim_D - 04-16-2022, 10:54 PM
RE: Power issue with the Pro - by LPIZ - 04-25-2022, 06:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tow-Boot issue Barugon 1 1,377 10-22-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AndrewBlackmiller
  Would disabling all cpu's except one save power on the PPP? rp3 3 2,017 08-27-2022, 01:10 AM
Last Post: uzanto
  Guide to power off the Pinephone Pro on low battery Ulfnic 5 3,778 02-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: dexy
  Battery charging issue kileel 1 1,773 12-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: kileel