3D Printed PinePhone stand
I tried a few different stands for my PinePhone but they all seemed to be designed to be used only for display and/or charging and made the phone difficult to use.  So I decided to design a stand specifically for use during development and test.  The stand is strong and stable with a comfortable angle and allows you to use the touchscreen and buttons with one hand.  The design is in OpenSCAD and is GPLv3 - so feel free to use it an adapt as required.

https://github.com/simoninns/PinePhone-Dev-Stand

Here's a picture:

[Image: PinePhone_Stand_1_s.jpg]
Very cool. Hoping this reduces the USB cable falling out easily.

Thank you
LF
Nice!
Works like a charm. I found the fit between the tabs and slots was very tight. Other than that all the other problems were my newness to 3D printing. I think I will try to add a CE Dock holder as my first 3D design task.  It has been a very steep learning curve. Picture taken with my Pinephone    
(11-17-2020, 10:28 AM)Lousy Fisherman Wrote: Works like a charm. I found the fit between the tabs and slots was very tight. Other than that all the other problems were my newness to 3D printing. I think I will try to add a CE Dock holder as my first 3D design task.  It has been a very steep learning curve. Picture taken with my Pinephone

Different printers have different tolerances; I tried to add a bit of slack into the slots; but it should be pretty clear in the OpenSCAD code what needs to change to make it even looser.

Anyway; glad it worked for you Smile  If you add in additional bits for the CE dock then you are welcome to make a push request to the github repo (or just link to your design and I'll include it if you are not familiar with github).
Nice work. I was inspired by your design, so I made something that was a little easier to print (also has a shorter print time and uses less material):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4659409

[Image: featured-preview-pinephone-dev-stand-1.png]

EDIT: Made a second version that prints more quickly with less material, and makes it easier to plug/unplug the USB cable:

[Image: pinephone-dev-stand-v2.png]

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Looks great Smile The more designs to choose from, the better.
Hello @simoni  and @arcanemachine,

Very nice jobs  Smile  I'm looking for something like that.

I've an idea, as yours stands are in two parts, could you find a way to fix the part with the hole for the USB-C cable in landscape position to use the Pinephone in landscape mode ?
(12-02-2020, 02:30 AM)Gribouille Wrote: Hello @simoni  and @arcanemachine,

I've an idea, as yours stands are in two parts, could you find a way to fix the part with the hole for the USB-C cable in landscape position to use the Pinephone in landscape mode ?

I've been meaning to do that... If you want to check back in 2 or 3 days, I should have a new version ready.

If you don't want to wait (and are handy with FreeCAD), the FreeCAD files are in my Thingiverse link.
(12-06-2020, 02:35 AM)arcanemachine Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 02:30 AM)Gribouille Wrote: Hello @simoni  and @arcanemachine,

I've been meaning to do that... If you want to check back in 2 or 3 days, I should have a new version ready.

If you don't want to wait (and are handy with FreeCAD), the FreeCAD files are in my Thingiverse link.

Hello @arcanemachine,

I'm waiting Smile

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Case for Pinephone totilele 13 7,248 04-11-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: gramonyl
  PinePhone Dock with laptop? Mikey1977Y2J 2 636 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mikey1977Y2J
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 8,170 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 451 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 516 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 1,021 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Mouse for the PinePhone? Peter Gamma 21 15,350 10-04-2023, 10:24 AM
  PinePhone Wallet Case Shane 5 5,035 09-17-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: J T
  KB: Using bus powered USB peripherals with the pinephone keyboard mounted docsunset 9 37,445 08-07-2023, 06:12 AM
Last Post: mikeb
  PinePhone flex breakout board with Grove female header jnpine 0 635 08-04-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: jnpine