How to get Netflix to work in Chromium or Firefox on PBP
I am unable to get Netflix to work on either Chromium or Firefox.  
Running Manjaro KDE
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Chromium and Firefox and chromium-docker.
I have been unable to install widevine and it does not show up as a component of Chromium.
Would like a straight forward solution.
Should I change OS and if yes, which one?
(07-09-2020, 12:03 PM)edandjeanmcknight@gmail.com Wrote: I am unable to get Netflix to work on either Chromium or Firefox.  
Running Manjaro KDE
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Chromium and Firefox and chromium-docker.
I have been unable to install widevine and it does not show up as a component of Chromium.
Would like a straight forward solution.
Should I change OS and if yes, which one?
I have no problems with Firefox in Debian.
To get Netflix/Prime/etc. to work on Manjaro, you can install the chromium-docker package. There's a bit of a trick to it:

1. Install docker with: pamac install docker
2. Add your regular user to the docker group with: sudo gpasswd --add <user> docker
3. Install chromium-docker with: pamac install chromium-docker
4. Restart your machine (no idea why this step's necessary, but it's never worked for me without it)

Once you do that, you'll have a chromium-armhf entry in your menu that'll run Netflix, Spotify, and most other things. It's....adequate. You won't get the experience of a TV box or even a mid-range tablet, but you will have movies.
Thank you and that worked. You are correct that it is not elegant. I suppose the Manjaro folks don't listen or watch much DRM material.
(07-11-2020, 08:58 AM)edandjeanmcknight@gmail.com Wrote: Thank you and that worked.  You are correct that it is not elegant.  I suppose the Manjaro folks don't listen or watch much DRM material.
I don't think it's really their fault.  The folks that make Widevine (the proprietary DRM plugin that powers Netflix, etc.) don't make the plugin for 64-bit ARM devices, so you kind of have to work around that to get it to work.  Now that the Raspberry Pi's and Macs are going to ARM64, I wouldn't be surprised to see more support from companies.  Until they figure it out though...we wait.
New pinebook user here on Manjaro KDE. I originally tried the information on the pinebook pro wiki page. I added user with the information. Here is a snapshot of the crash from the commandline:

$ chromium-armhf
Enabling XHost Forwarding
non-network local connections being added to access control list
Searching for Docker image ...
Found and using dd7865cb6881
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
[1:1:0807/130722.234748:ERROR:process_singleton_posix.cc(294)] The profile appears to be in use by another Chromium process (1) on another computer (7e63311953aa). Chromium has locked the profile so that it doesn't get corrupted. If you are sure no other processes are using this profile, you can unlock the profile and relaunch Chromium.
../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**Confusedeccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**Confusedeccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
[1:23:0807/130729.329523:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(986)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.

Any suggestions?
(08-07-2020, 07:12 AM)pine76 Wrote: New pinebook user here on Manjaro KDE. I originally tried the information on the pinebook pro wiki page. I added user with the information. Here is a snapshot of the crash from the commandline:

$ chromium-armhf
Enabling XHost Forwarding
non-network local connections being added to access control list
Searching for Docker image ...
Found and using dd7865cb6881
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
[1:1:0807/130722.234748:ERROR:process_singleton_posix.cc(294)] The profile appears to be in use by another Chromium process (1) on another computer (7e63311953aa). Chromium has locked the profile so that it doesn't get corrupted. If you are sure no other processes are using this profile, you can unlock the profile and relaunch Chromium.
[1:23:0807/130729.329523:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(986)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.

Any suggestions?
the steps outlined by carloqueso ,earlier in the post, worked for me.  I had tried several steps before and when I was ready to go with carloqueso suggestions, I used the GUI of Add/Remove Software and deleted Chromium armhf, docker, and the pamac plugin, restarted the computer and then used the CLI as directed.  It worked for me on the PBP.  I have Chromium and the Chromium armhf both.
(08-07-2020, 09:49 AM)edandjeanmcknight@gmail.com Wrote: the steps outlined by carloqueso ,earlier in the post, worked for me.  I had tried several steps before and when I was ready to go with carloqueso suggestions, I used the GUI of Add/Remove Software and deleted Chromium armhf, docker, and the pamac plugin, restarted the computer and then used the CLI as directed.  It worked for me on the PBP.  I have Chromium and the Chromium armhf both.

Ok, I will uninstall the Chromium armhf and follow the steps outlined in this thread.

I will likely switch to using pbp with a micro sd card, debian installed; so I may not need to use it. I will still keep the default os on the flash so it makes sense to set it up.

Thank you for the response.
(08-07-2020, 10:50 AM)pine76 Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 09:49 AM)edandjeanmcknight@gmail.com Wrote: the steps outlined by carloqueso ,earlier in the post, worked for me.  I had tried several steps before and when I was ready to go with carloqueso suggestions, I used the GUI of Add/Remove Software and deleted Chromium armhf, docker, and the pamac plugin, restarted the computer and then used the CLI as directed.  It worked for me on the PBP.  I have Chromium and the Chromium armhf both.

Ok, I will uninstall the Chromium armhf and follow the steps outlined in this thread.

I will likely switch to using pbp with a micro sd card, debian installed; so I may not need to use it. I will still keep the default os on the flash so it makes sense to set it up.

Thank you for the response.
Let me know if?Netflix works on Debian... Maybe I would switch.
Would the chromium armhf trick work on a distro like Ubuntu/Elementary OS?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ctrl + Shift + Tab not working in Firefox Bolitoglossa 2 4,014 08-21-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: Bolitoglossa
  Will the Rock64 work as a mobile data storage device? Kennetht 1 3,092 03-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: xalius
  Running Netflix marcostt 4 7,054 10-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Last Post: marcostt
  7" Screen - Does it work with Debian abasel 1 3,804 07-26-2017, 05:44 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
Video May dietpi save Pine64 ; watch youtube via chromium hatahata 12 18,105 03-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Would the SOPINE modules work if they were put into a standard SODIMM RAM slot? Wiooooo 4 6,427 02-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Just Received my Order; It Doesn't work?! kikootwo 4 7,711 08-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Mpoint
  Helpful Hint: HDMI-to-DVI cables do not work on PINE64 aegrotatio 4 8,383 06-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: aegrotatio
  Unable to get edimax wifi dongle to work with archlinux on Pine64 g3tinmybelly 9 12,008 04-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: g3tinmybelly
  Does any Os work yet? ianrob99 4 6,063 04-25-2016, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Keex