PineTab Mobian
(10-05-2020, 08:41 AM)tomoqv Wrote: Does anybody know if there is a big performance difference running Mobian from an external card compared to running it from the eMMC internal memory?

I have not seen the actual main board specs for PineTab,  but I believe it is the same or similar to the Pine phone main board.

That main board currently reads the sd card at about 23 mb/s  so if you are using a class 10 sd card,  that is plenty fast.

The eMMC should be much faster,  though for testing operating systems the sd card seems good enough.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-07-2020, 05:59 AM)tomoqv Wrote: I am trying to install the spotify-client, but this is what I get:

Code:
Bra:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease
Bra:2 http://repository.spotify.com stable InRelease
Bra:3 http://repo.mobian-project.org mobian InRelease
Läser paketlistor… Färdig               
Bygger beroendeträd     
Läser tillståndsinformation… Färdig
Alla paket är uppdaterade.
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'non-free/binary-arm64/Packages' as repository 'http://repository.spotify.com stable InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'arm64'

Is there anothter way?

1. Ask Spotify nicely if they wouldn't mind providing an aarch64 version of the package
  2. Use a 3rd party application (librespot, ncspot or similar)
  3. Try to get the Android or Windows apps running using Anbox or Wine (may need Hangover depending on whether Spotify have an arm version of their Windows app)
I'd guess 2 is most likely to work, but I'm not a spotify user. I've seen those two recommended for desktop users with limited memory as Spotify's own app is said to be very memory hungry, so even if recompiled it may not work well on the PinePhone.
Mobian on PineTab is getting better and better! I use it with the keyboard stand and now also with a UBS mouse, which makes it a "mini laptop". I have activated zram and a 2GB swap, which has made it much more stable than before. It is still rather sluggish at times, bet hopefully this will get better over time.

I have also installed the LibreOffice suite. All apps launch and sort of work. Since this morning, the scaling also keeps the app windows within the borders of the screen. There are, however, still some quirks and it is a bit crashy. Cool though to have a full office suite on a tablet.

Geary also has some issues. For me, it opens a new window when I click on an e-mail in the list. Also, I have two accounts, of which the 2nd one shows up multiple times so I actually have for accounts instead of the two I configured.

I have also been playing around with some webapps. I create them in the Gnome browser and then convert them to Firefox. Icons sometimes wont show correctly and it seems Firefox needs to be already running for the Webapps to fully launch.

As I am testing more and more, I would also like to report issues in the right place. Do the different apps have their own repositories where I should report bugs or should I report them in the Mobian repo?
After the last update i have only "portrait" and "landscape inverted" display. If i logoff in "landscape inverted" there is no video output and i have to reboot. Anyone else has these troubles or it's just me?

Edit: After trying a few things without success finally downgrading phosh fixed it:
Code:
sudo apt install phosh=0.4.4-1
(10-12-2020, 06:55 AM)guenther Wrote: After the last update i have only "portrait" and "landscape inverted" display. If i logoff in "landscape inverted" there is no video output and i have to reboot. Anyone else has these troubles or it's just me?

Edit: After trying a few things without success finally downgrading phosh fixed it:
Code:
Thanks guenther. I ran into the same issue yesterday and got busy so I didn't do anything about it. I thought it would be fixed in today's updates, but it wasn't so I installed phosh as you recommended, works like it did before now.

I hope they will fix the display in settings so that it will stay in landscape mode after a reboot or even better if it could be switched just by rotating the tablet itself, I believe  the Pinetab has an accelerometer.
Same here, todays update did not change the issue with the screen rotation, it is still upside down.

In my case I also noticed that login screen does not appear on wakeup, once the system went into sleep. The backlight is starting again, but the login page does not appear.
(10-12-2020, 06:55 AM)guenther Wrote: After the last update i have only "portrait" and "landscape inverted" display. If i logoff in "landscape inverted" there is no video output and i have to reboot. Anyone else has these troubles or it's just me?

Code:
Same problem here, I'll try the fix later, thanks for the tip Smile
edit: The rotating is back to normal Smile
Yes, latest update landscape orientation is upside down WRT the keyboard dock (found out while sitting at Cafe, sigh)
And can confirm after another round of updates 10/16, still upside down, rendering keyboard dock useless.
Yepp, so the build is quite useless ATM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 4,156 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  NixOS on PineTab 2 asonix 3 2,115 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Evergreen
  [PineTab2] Issues with Mobian Networking Cornelia Xaos 7 2,685 12-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Cornelia Xaos
  Mobian Boot Problem rogerwegmann 14 3,873 12-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 831 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian won't boot after ton of updates bartgrefte 11 4,835 12-10-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: bartgrefte
  Pinetab 2 as Pinebook Pro replacement Corkonian 4 2,283 08-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CadenAnderson
  Software for PineTab-V msm 12 4,696 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: bingch
  Mobian - Phosh frtodd 1 1,243 06-18-2023, 04:51 AM
Last Post: GloriousCoffee
  Arch Linux ARM on PineTab 1 Danct12 25 29,847 06-10-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: fxc