PineTab Mobian
(09-24-2020, 04:02 PM)pjsf Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:01 AM)bartgrefte Wrote: Did one of the updates break the touchpad? The mouse icon is stuck on the edge of the screen, I can move it along the edge, but that's it.
seems to be back now after latest phosh updates.
Check, touchpad works again Smile
Camera app stops to work, Firefox doesn't play youtube videos anymore. Someone else?
(09-26-2020, 11:01 AM)guenther Wrote: Camera app stops to work, Firefox doesn't play youtube videos anymore. Someone else?
I think they're in the process of deprecating Camera in favour of megapixels which still does work. firefox tries to launch vlc for me instead of playing inline videos, probably a confguration change. if you install the firefox 'mobile view switcher' extension inline videos function fine on the mobile site.
(09-26-2020, 06:13 PM)pjsf Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 11:01 AM)guenther Wrote: Camera app stops to work, Firefox doesn't play youtube videos anymore. Someone else?
I think they're in the process of deprecating Camera in favour of megapixels which still does work. firefox tries to launch vlc for me instead of playing inline videos, probably a confguration change. if you install the firefox 'mobile view switcher' extension inline videos function fine on the mobile site.

Thank you for the info. It seems there was an update on firefox but I can't find the update history.

Edit: mobile view switcher works, good tip!
The last couple of days the GUI software updater has been giving a popup with a dependency error, but does not indicate why: "Unable to download updates, the following packages have unmet dependencies:"

When I do apt upgrade, gnome-authenticator is being kept back but no errors while updating the other packages, apt dist-upgrade says this about it:
The following packages will be removed: python3-yoyo-migrations
The following new packages will be installed: python3-yoyo
The following packages will be upgraded: gnome-authenticator

Followed by a dpkg error indicating this when processing python3-yoyo *versionnumber*:
"trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yoyo/__init__.py', which is also in package python3-yoyo-migrations *versionnumber*"

So I tried to remove python3-yoyo-migrations, but that just gives me the same error. Probably because apt is trying to install python3-yoyo before removing python3-yoyo-migrations, but that's just me thinking out loud.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to solve this? All other updates install without problems, with apt upgrade that is, it's just dist-upgrade giving the error and I guess that's the same reason the GUI-updater is giving the error.
(09-28-2020, 05:46 AM)bartgrefte Wrote: The last couple of days the GUI software updater has been giving a popup with a dependency error, but does not indicate why: "Unable to download updates, the following packages have unmet dependencies:"

When I do apt upgrade, gnome-authenticator is being kept back but no errors while updating the other packages, apt dist-upgrade says this about it:
The following packages will be removed: python3-yoyo-migrations
The following new packages will be installed: python3-yoyo
The following packages will be upgraded: gnome-authenticator

Followed by a dpkg error indicating this when processing python3-yoyo *versionnumber*:
"trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yoyo/__init__.py', which is also in package python3-yoyo-migrations *versionnumber*"

So I tried to remove python3-yoyo-migrations, but that just gives me the same error. Probably because apt is trying to install python3-yoyo before removing python3-yoyo-migrations, but that's just me thinking out loud.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to solve this? All other updates install without problems, with apt upgrade that is, it's just dist-upgrade giving the error and I guess that's the same reason the GUI-updater is giving the error.

We are quite a few who got this issue, the solution is along the lines of:
Code:
apt-get --purge gnome-authenticator
apt-get --purge autoremove # (maybe needed)
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install gnome-authenticator # If you want to have it
(09-30-2020, 12:58 PM)Humid Stylus Wrote: We are quite a few who got this issue, the solution is along the lines of:
Code:
apt-get --purge gnome-authenticator
apt-get --purge autoremove # (maybe needed)
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install gnome-authenticator # If you want to have it
I was so focused on the dependencies that I didn't even think of simply removing and (re)installing gnome-authenticator, that did the trick, thanks Smile

I skipped the autoremove though, saw some packages in the list that made me wonder if it's a good idea to do that.
Cool, this fixed my errors as well.  I've been messing with Mobian on a microSD and it's does most of what I wanted.  But when I use apt to upgrade at some point my microSD card fails to boot afterward.  Is upgrading via terminal a bad way to go with a microSD set up?  I've never seen the gui update tools do anything in my case.  I'm getting good at reinstalling the img to the flash card, tho.  <grin>

Thanks for your time.
--
Just a regular guy doin' regular guy stuff.
Orientation problem is fixed?
Quote:Cool, this fixed my errors as well.  I've been messing with Mobian on a microSD and it's does most of what I wanted.  But when I use apt to upgrade at some point my microSD card fails to boot afterward.  Is upgrading via terminal a bad way to go with a microSD set up?  I've never seen the gui update tools do anything in my case.  I'm getting good at reinstalling the img to the flash card, tho.  <grin>

Thanks for your time.

Sounds more like the SD card is either poor quality or is starting to reach end of life . Upgrading via terminal is the preferred way to upgrade in general, a GUI will only provide a front-end and utilises the same commands you would use with the terminal to upgrade . The terminal will show errors whilst upgrading if there are any, whereas the GUI  will either complete the upgrade or it won't .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 4,121 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  NixOS on PineTab 2 asonix 3 2,103 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Evergreen
  [PineTab2] Issues with Mobian Networking Cornelia Xaos 7 2,667 12-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Cornelia Xaos
  Mobian Boot Problem rogerwegmann 14 3,841 12-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 820 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian won't boot after ton of updates bartgrefte 11 4,799 12-10-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: bartgrefte
  Pinetab 2 as Pinebook Pro replacement Corkonian 4 2,267 08-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CadenAnderson
  Software for PineTab-V msm 12 4,665 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: bingch
  Mobian - Phosh frtodd 1 1,239 06-18-2023, 04:51 AM
Last Post: GloriousCoffee
  Arch Linux ARM on PineTab 1 Danct12 25 29,828 06-10-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: fxc