PineTab Mobian
Is there a recommendation how to do an image of the eMMC?
The popular method at this time appears to use the PMOS bootstrap method.

That should work for installing most operating systems to your eMMC.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-19-2020, 06:55 AM)bcnaz Wrote: The popular method at this time appears to use the PMOS bootstrap method.

That should work for installing most operating systems to your eMMC.

I would like to do a clone of the internal eMMC in case something goes wrong (like this morning). I used dd but it clones the unused space too what creates a big image. Maybe there is a better way?
Ive seen several folks have had the same issue I have but no ones mentopned how they got past it.

Ive never heard of mobian before this so excuse the noob, but i cant get past the wifi setup because the screens hidden the button

I know there is one because in a task switch? I can see it in the icon mode, but cant get to it.

Also anyone know how to access the cli?

thanks

j
(09-21-2020, 02:50 PM)mindwave Wrote: Ive seen several folks have had the same issue I have but no ones mentopned how they got past it.

Ive never heard of mobian before this so excuse the noob, but i cant get past the wifi setup because the screens hidden the button

I know there is one because in a task switch? I can see it in the icon mode, but cant get to it.

Also anyone know how to access the cli?

thanks

j

Use the enter key on the keyboard pass the wifi setup, otherwise close the app by using the arrow (task switcher/recent mode).
Did one of the updates break the touchpad? The mouse icon is stuck on the edge of the screen, I can move it along the edge, but that's it.
(09-23-2020, 04:01 AM)bartgrefte Wrote: Did one of the updates break the touchpad? The mouse icon is stuck on the edge of the screen, I can move it along the edge, but that's it.

I had that some days ago, King's Cross went away too. But I used "apt autoremove" what possibly caused the issue. I did a new "dd" with 20200916.img, no problems afterwards, but will be careful with autoremove :-)
(09-23-2020, 04:01 AM)bartgrefte Wrote: Did one of the updates break the touchpad? The mouse icon is stuck on the edge of the screen, I can move it along the edge, but that's it.

These tablets are a brand new item so they may be different, but on the Pinebook Pro there were some problems with the track pad/keyboard 'firmware' that needed separate attention.

Your 'operating system' does have settings to control the keyboard and track pad, but those can vary with each operating system.
When your 'operating system' looks for the track pad/keyboard, it see's the 'firmware'.

If your firmware is correct, it will not need any farther attention across any operating systems
or updates.

If your firmware is incorrect it will not work well on any operating system.

Operating system updates do not change your firmware, so most likely it sounds like you need to use an earlier release of your software,   or try a different operating system.

Your operating system does control such things as the size of the cursor, or the speed it moves.
The firmware controls such things as, you hit the '1' key and the '2' key shows on the screen.

All of these operating systems are still brand new so they are still in need of refinement.
Sharing your experiences here on the forum will help with improving these systems.

This statement will not 'fix' it, but it will hopefully help you to understand the problem(s) ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-23-2020, 06:14 AM)guenther Wrote: I had that some days ago, King's Cross went away too. But I used "apt autoremove" what possibly caused the issue. I did a new "dd" with 20200916.img, no problems afterwards, but will be careful with autoremove :-)
Ah, fortunately I have yet to run into problems with autoremove. But I'll wait a couple of updates, see if the touchpad starts working normally again. If not, I'll start Etcher on my desktop to flash a new image and see how that goes.

(09-23-2020, 02:11 PM)bcnaz Wrote: These tablets are a brand new item so they may be different, but on the Pinebook Pro there were some problems with the track pad/keyboard 'firmware' that needed separate attention.
I know there can be problems, but it worked fine in Mobian till recently. So I thought an update might have broken this functionality, installed a bunch not long before (the driver of?) the touchpad started being a pain in the backside.
seems to be back now after latest phosh updates.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 4,159 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  NixOS on PineTab 2 asonix 3 2,118 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Evergreen
  [PineTab2] Issues with Mobian Networking Cornelia Xaos 7 2,686 12-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Cornelia Xaos
  Mobian Boot Problem rogerwegmann 14 3,875 12-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 831 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian won't boot after ton of updates bartgrefte 11 4,838 12-10-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: bartgrefte
  Pinetab 2 as Pinebook Pro replacement Corkonian 4 2,284 08-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CadenAnderson
  Software for PineTab-V msm 12 4,697 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: bingch
  Mobian - Phosh frtodd 1 1,243 06-18-2023, 04:51 AM
Last Post: GloriousCoffee
  Arch Linux ARM on PineTab 1 Danct12 25 29,854 06-10-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: fxc