Libertine?
I would really like to see familiar apps in UT, such as Firefox, LibreOffice and - most importantly - a working e-mail client. Dekko2 does not seem to work (cannot enter data in account setup), so something like Thunderbird or Sylpheed will be good to have.

Is this what "Libertine" is for? It tells that it needs some setting up, but I have not been able to do so.
I'm also curious if Libertine is tool that's supposed to be used to install linux utilities. I'm tyring to create a libertine container in the Settings > Libertine UI and it does not seem to be working.

I also followed the documentation here:
http://docs.ubports.com/en/latest/usergu...rtine.html and tried creating a container using this command:

Code:
libertine-container-manager create -i test

and I'm getting

Code:
libertine-container-manager:123: ERROR: create(): Failed to create container: 'No module named 'libertine.LxcContainer''
Thanks for finding this page.

However, the Libertine module says

"You do not have Classic Application Support configured at this time. Downloading and setting up the required environment may take some time and network bandwidth."

How do we do this?
I think they would need to make an image which supports it - I read somewhere that it wasn't a priority feature for the pinephone but that was a while ago.

Does running lxc-checkconfig do anything in the terminal?
(05-10-2020, 05:18 PM)nas Wrote: I think they would need to make an image which supports it - I read somewhere that it wasn't a priority feature for the pinephone but that was a while ago.

Does running lxc-checkconfig do anything in the terminal?

It says "Command not found".

I think having mainstream apps should be the aim, eventually. Or at least equivalent functionality must be achieved.

I was following Debian+Phosh for a while. If the interface was as slick as UT, it would be the better option, but as it stands, Phosh doesn't do it for me.
It sounds like lxc isn't installed - maybe try apt install if ubuntu touch allows it?
The respoinse to this is "There is no installation candidate for lxc."
Looks like a container can be created if you use the chroot option instead of lxd

Quote:libertine-container-manager create -i <name> -t chroot

Followed the docs here http://docs.ubports.com/en/latest/usergu...rtine.html

and it's very important to note:

Quote:The create command shown above cannot be run directly in the terminal app, due to apparmor restrictions. You can run it from another device using either adb or ssh connection. Alternatively, you can run it from the terminal app using a loopback ssh connection running this command: ssh localhost.
(05-13-2020, 07:51 PM)noonker Wrote: Looks like a container can be created if you use the chroot option instead of lxd

Cool, does the libertine settings app see that container? Were you able to install an application and does it show up on the desktop?
(05-17-2020, 08:06 AM)nas Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 07:51 PM)noonker Wrote: Looks like a container can be created if you use the chroot option instead of lxd

Cool, does the libertine settings app see that container? Were you able to install an application and does it show up on the desktop?

I was able to install some applications but, no, they do not show up on the desktop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Libertine / XMir not connecting to Mir Saliency 10 13,279 07-05-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Saliency