play store auth issue
(05-09-2016, 05:27 PM)fsa317 Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 02:45 PM)g_t_j Wrote: Guys, have you tried the new Android Image released 2 days ago? Do the problems persist under the new release?

Haven't tried it yet, I'll try to give it a test tomorrow. I didn't seen anything in the release note about it so I figured it wasn't fixed.

I have clear Play Store data and cache on all DD image, hopefully getting better result. BTW, I don't have such authorize issue on my site. One thing that I need to cautious is if you use Phoenixcard to make the image, please give some time for Android build to finish the background installation when first time bring up on home screen. Once reach home screen, please lets not start install or unsinstall package for the first 15 minutes.
(05-09-2016, 09:27 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 02:45 PM)g_t_j Wrote: Guys, have you tried the new Android Image released 2 days ago? Do the problems persist under the new release?

Haven't tried it yet, I'll try to give it a test tomorrow. I didn't seen anything in the release note about it so I figured it wasn't fixed.

I have clear Play Store data and cache on all DD image, hopefully getting better result. BTW, I don't have such authorize issue on my site. One thing that I need to cautious is if you use Phoenixcard to make the image, please give some time for Android build to finish the background installation when first time bring up on home screen. Once reach home screen, please lets not start install or unsinstall package for the first 15 minutes.

Are you suggesting to use the Phoenixcard image over the DD?
(05-10-2016, 05:28 AM)fsa317 Wrote:

Are you suggesting to use the Phoenixcard image over the DD?
No he is saying that if you use Phoenixcard to make your image, the first time Android/Remix boots there is a lot of changes happening on the flash card. It is best to wait a very long time for that first boot to finish (20 mins? maybe more). Any changes you make during that time may get compromised or perhaps even overwritten as the device finishes its initial setup. This is an android weakness, it gives you control before setup is totally finished.

Got the new build, same issue.  After a few downloads from the play store I get prompted that I need to log into my Google Play account again. If I force stop and clear data from Google Play the next time in I get a different message saying the app cant be downloaded with an error code of DF-DLA-15. The only thing that seems to fix it is removing the account and re-adding it.
Edit:

For anyone reading through this thread, the fastest workaround so far is this:

Settings / Accounts / Add new account / Google

You may need to enter the name of a GMail account. It can be one that's already set up in Andoid. Sometimes this last step isn't needed, however.

If you enter a GMail that is already connected to Android, it will give you a red error message. However, it typically resets the authentication for Google Play Store. No reboot is needed. 

It's not a fix, but a temporary workaround. It only lasts for __ minutes. Repeat as needed.

-----------------------------
Earlier post:

This is a continuing, common problem, given how many threads there are about it. Could it affect all Pine/Android users? Or just those with a certain type of Google account settings, such as 2-step verification?

It's hard to avoid so many threads on the same issue, since the apps in the Google Play Store have multiple ways of reporting the issue (or not doing so). Even Google apps don't all work the same. The bigger, more common Google apps -- like GMail or Maps -- give the "Can't download app" etc. DF-DLA-15 error, but no notification. The smaller, less common Google apps -- such as Google PDF Viewer or Google Fitness Tracker --- do the opposite: no pop-up error message or code, but a notification saying, "Error    Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google account."  Some non-Google apps give a notification, but others don't give any explanation at all. They just fail to download.

As a result of this mishmash of different results, with the same underlying cause, presumably, it's only natural that we have several and maybe even dozens of threads on the same topic. That's without mentioning personal differences among users in expertise and how we report things.

Or is it all the same issue? Solutions that work for you don't always work for me. I've solved it in multiple ways, myself. I've cleaned out my Dalvik cache (which worked), but I've also used Titanium Backup to restore Google Play services & Store (which also worked, but only when I restored both App & Data). Rebooting by itself never helped. Other recommended clearing the cache(s) and/or data of GP services and/or Store. Once that DID work for me, but usually it didn't.

You fix it, and get to install things again for a little while, and then minutes later, the problem is right back. Really odd and vexing. I'm about to make an image copy of my SD card, and return to Ubuntu or try Remix. Maybe I'll take a long nap until Android is ready, eh, longsleep?

One thing I have learned is this: in the brief minutes that GP does work, be sure to install a reboot utility. Titanium Backup is a good idea, too.

Does anyone know how to search for the string "DF-DLA-15" on this MyBB forum?
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest
Haven't read the whole thread, but I encountered a problem with the Playstore before.

The problem was the System Time. The Pine doesn't have a real time clock, and obviously doesn't get the time from the carrier (like smartphones). Hence it's just set to some random value a few years ago.
In my case I couldn't use the playstore (or any other Google apps for this matter). After I set the system time correctly, the apps worked fine. In the end I used an app that set the system time after booting automatically (requires root).
(06-08-2016, 06:18 AM)Keex Wrote: Haven't read the whole thread, but I encountered a problem with the Playstore before.

The problem was the System Time. The Pine doesn't have a real time clock, and obviously doesn't get the time from the carrier (like smartphones). Hence it's just set to some random value a few years ago.
In my case I couldn't use the playstore (or any other Google apps for this matter). After I set the system time correctly, the apps worked fine. In the end I used an app that set the system time after booting automatically (requires root).

Thanks on the tips. Pine A64 has the RTC hardware but needs battery and first time setup to work properly.
(06-08-2016, 09:52 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 06:18 AM)Keex Wrote: Haven't read the whole thread, but I encountered a problem with the Playstore before.

Thanks on the tips. Pine A64 has the RTC hardware but needs battery and first time setup to work properly.

Good to know, can you give any details on how to connect a battery?
That's good to know, that System Time can be an issue.  (Edit: turns out, it can't, according to my testing.)

However, it isn't solving the issue for me. ATM, I'm trying RemixOS. It has this issue, too (Google Play fails to download apps, complains about authentication, DF-DLA-15, etc.). Yet the default setting for RemixOS is to automatically retrieve the time from the Internet. My current RemixOS time is correct. (And I rebooted to see if the issue would go away.)

Could it have to do with the fact that the Pine64 has no GPS? The Pine 64 has no way of setting location. Even the mock location setting, in Setting / Developer's Options in Android, requires a working GPS. That's according to several apps I've tried to use to set the mock location to someplace nearby me, yesterday when I was using Android.

To prevent misuse of Google accounts, Alphabet tracks where you're signing in from. If you use Tor, they send you an email to warn you that someone in some faraway land is logging into your account (when it's actually you).

NexusDude
Somewhere in Central Texas, or am I?
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest
Many tablets do not have GPS or 3G etc. But Play Store is working.... it would make sense to get feedback from developers...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VPN issue on Pine64 pinea64.edison 4 6,379 06-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Last Post: milkaca
  No Intenet Access Need Help Diagnosing Underlying Issue Bob123456789 10 10,881 06-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Bob123456789
Thumbs Up Kids love to Play Super Why App Erica Edwards 3 4,532 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Play music won't play anything mikey0000 12 15,173 10-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Last Post: gezora
  (potential) work-around for Playstore authentication issue Luke 31 42,638 09-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Can't download apps off Google Play! Bacon Strips 6 8,382 08-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Last Post: DonFL
  Games in Play Store top3b 2 3,591 07-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Last Post: top3b
  Play Store stops running every time thehamguy1 15 16,786 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Raslin777@gmail.com
  Can't play movies from Google Play Store wappi 11 14,646 07-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Raslin777@gmail.com
  Widescreen gaming in Google Play DwyerSP 1 3,433 06-30-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85