Can't download apps off Google Play!
I finally got to experience my Pine64+ yesterday with Android built in. Evrything works fine until I just can't download any apps in Google Play Store. Can somebody help me? Is it a bug or is it me just unplugging the usb cord whenever I've done using without properly turn it off?
Bacon Strips

People that use Android say this will happen if any updates are allowed. (I don't use Android.) To get back the use of Play Store get rid of the updates. Find other posts that tell you how. I think people have said there is no way within Android to shut it down.
(07-31-2016, 03:50 PM)kflorek46 Wrote: Bacon Strips

People that use Android say this will happen if any updates are allowed. (I don't use Android.) To get back the use of Play Store get rid of the updates. Find other posts that tell you how. I think people have said there is no way within Android to shut it down.

Verify your date is set correctly.
This happened to me also.

Here is what fixed mine.  

Double check that you have it getting the time automatically.  This will get the time after it boots.

Make sure that your google account has a valid CC on file

Then wipe the cache partition by booting in to that menu under backup and reset.

Then after it boots. 

Do a factory reset on the whole device.

Mine has now worked flawlessly since I did the above.
One much easier method that has worked for many, including myself, is shown in post 26: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1296&page=3

You basically tell google play you want to create a new account, use your existing credentials, let it tell you that you already exist, and then it should work for you. YMMV as far as for how long it will continue to work before you need to repeat the process.
(08-18-2016, 03:17 PM)DonFL Wrote: One much easier method that has worked for many, including myself, is shown in post 26: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1296&page=3

You basically tell google play you want to create a new account, use your existing credentials, let it tell you that you already exist, and then it should work for you. YMMV as far as for how long it will continue to work before you need to repeat the process.
Holy crap, that worked! I brushed it off when I first read it because I didn't think it would solve my issue (i tried everything else many times. even the cache/data wipe no longer worked).
I dunno how long this'll last just yet but for the time being its a helluva surprise to me!
Thanks for the link![emoji2]

Sent from my PINE A64 using Tapatalk
(08-30-2016, 08:29 PM)Quezbeme Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 03:17 PM)DonFL Wrote: One much easier method that has worked for many, including myself, is shown in post 26: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1296&page=3

Holy crap, that worked! I brushed it off when I first read it because I didn't think it would solve my issue (i tried everything else many times. even the cache/data wipe no longer worked).
I dunno how long this'll last just yet but for the time being its a helluva surprise to me!
Thanks for the link![emoji2]

Sent from my PINE A64 using Tapatalk

Good to hear that got you going.

Ironically, thats the only method that has worked for me. And so far, I've not had to redo it.

Not sure what the long term solution is, but if nothing else, this method is one of several work-arounds; you just need to try them all until you find the one that works for your particular situation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microphone for Ok Google actions moondark 11 14,723 02-15-2018, 11:08 PM
Last Post: xnadoo
  how to download AOSP and BSP awaysu 1 3,310 09-05-2017, 01:36 AM
Last Post: awaysu
  Reducing Android Image download size. KPhillisJr 4 7,972 08-21-2017, 04:48 AM
Last Post: winstongel
  Auto-starting apps? Green Cherry 4 6,504 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Green Cherry
  Do apps run in the background at boot up? Penfold 3 4,567 03-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: mporeh
Thumbs Up Kids love to Play Super Why App Erica Edwards 3 4,532 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Play music won't play anything mikey0000 12 15,163 10-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Last Post: gezora
  I can get Internet Connection, However I cannot download APK File (Kitkat and Lollipo deniyulianti 0 2,197 10-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: deniyulianti
  Settings and apps not saved sanverm 3 5,308 09-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  play store auth issue chrwei 29 31,448 09-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Last Post: eldaria