2020-03-04 comments on Phosh
I've been playing some more and discovering new things.

1) Network/Mobile Broadband connected does not persist over a reboot. (I have WiFi and Airplane mode Off/Disabled in Settings, they stay Off after reboot).

2) Bluetooth works but needs service started. Connected with my BT keyboard fine but screen dims then brightens regularly, perhaps in time with BT heartbeats?

3) I think the Portrait/Landscape icon/wording in the pull-down menu should be reversed? When in portrait mode I should see an icon to go to Landscape? (And vice versa?)

4) Telegram-desktop working pretty well, but telegram notifications (popup nicely on screen) are setting volume to zero.

5) Firefox with pmOS wiki hints. working great

One thing I quickly get used to is being able to use hosts to block ads and all kinds of other crud: was getting harder on Android (mainly getting su permissions on each new handset) but another advantage of the PinePhone, it is easy. Sad though to see my favourite source has chronic health issues.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Apologies double post, but its my thread Big Grin 

Forgot to mention WiFi tethering: enables fine, able to see the access point and connect to it from another device. But never able to check for any data flow: somehow although WiFi is disabled pmOS/phosh is still regularly hunting for available networks, approx every 30 secs? And when it does (WiFi) tethering gets removed/killed/aborted!

gnome-maps runs fine: I enabled location services in Services/Security and while that seems to keep gnome-maps happy, it places me slap in the middle of the river Thames in London, about 40kms from where I really am!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Hi, just noticed new bug in phosh (I didn't see it in previous version). Installed today the newest release. When scrolling from the top to get menu for sound volume, brightness ..afterwards pushing the up arrow on the bottom to hide the menu back, results into menu not being hidden and desktop icons not visible at all. Clicking then e.g on the settings and closing it is one way to workaround it. Let me know if screenshots would be better than my description ^^
(03-04-2020, 04:27 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: I've been playing some more and discovering new things.

1) Network/Mobile Broadband connected does not persist over a reboot. (I have WiFi and Airplane mode Off/Disabled in Settings, they stay Off after reboot).

2) Bluetooth works but needs service started. Connected with my BT keyboard fine but screen dims then brightens regularly, perhaps in time with BT heartbeats?

3) I think the Portrait/Landscape icon/wording in the pull-down menu should be reversed? When in portrait mode I should see an icon to go to Landscape? (And vice versa?)

4) Telegram-desktop working pretty well, but telegram notifications (popup nicely on screen) are setting volume to zero.

5) Firefox with pmOS wiki hints. working great

One thing I quickly get used to is being able to use hosts to block ads and all kinds of other crud: was getting harder on Android (mainly getting su permissions on each new handset) but another advantage of the PinePhone, it is easy. Sad though to see my favourite source has chronic health issues.

Hi, I'm trying to get firefox to work with pmos wiki hints but ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini gtk folder and settings.init file doesnt even exist.. Did something change there since the wiki entry?
(03-29-2020, 12:36 PM)Seferi Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to get firefox to work with pmos wiki hints but ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini gtk folder and settings.init file doesnt even exist.. Did something change there since the wiki entry?

No you need to create that file.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh install pmos+phosh does not boot user641 1 407 10-08-2023, 04:04 AM
Last Post: user641
  [Not Pinephone] Phosh Autologin LienRag 11 1,731 09-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  pmos/phosh edge update and audio disappears robthebold 9 5,201 07-10-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  How to delete single sms in phosh? bircoph 1 1,282 07-06-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: bircoph
  no screen rotation on pinephone pro with postmarketOS + phosh elode 2 2,552 07-03-2022, 09:13 AM
Last Post: a.h.littorin
  closing apps rather than leaving them running (phosh) lordearl 7 5,920 02-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: parry
  Application list PMOS-Phosh jmorris 6 5,886 12-04-2021, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Juergen
  Phosh beta 10, no send button on Chatty? Rainer 0 1,575 05-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Rainer
  No camera app on PinePhone Postmarket Edition / Phosh Noah222 3 4,756 12-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: jmorris
  Phosh and Plasma together stozi 5 6,954 09-30-2020, 01:25 PM
Last Post: wibble