Brightness Control
Just copied the latest image to my SD card and it booted up well.

However, be careful with the brightness control. ,If you move the slider completely to the left, the screen will go black and you cannot bring the brightness back up.

Fortunately, a reboot helps, but perhaps the developers should know this and adjust the minimum setting only to a very, very dim brightness.
Actually, the screen goes black before you move the slider not even all the way to the left. There's a point at about 1/5 or 1/4 brightness where it just goes black.

The screen going totally black is very normal for many phone OS's that I've seen, and even distros. Replicant, LineageOS, Debian, all allow the user to turn screen brightness down completely.

What is unusual is it going totally black at 1/4 or 1/5 level of brightness.
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
It would help if you told us what UI this happens on, as what the slider does (or even if there is a slider) is different for each.

In case of Plasma Mobile it shouldn't turn the screen all the way to black, there is a minimum value.
I can confirm this happens on my pinephone on both plasma mobile and phosh, and with or without the latest screen voltage patch. There are always 2-4 positions of the slider where the backlight is just off
(02-28-2020, 04:12 AM)PureTryOut Wrote: It would help if you told us what UI this happens on, as what the slider does (or even if there is a slider) is different for each.

In case of Plasma Mobile it shouldn't turn the screen all the way to black, there is a minimum value.
This is still the case on both plasma mobile and phosh (images grabbed last Saturday 13 June  2020)
One can workaround  this just by moving the slider back to the right provided you left your fingetr on the slider or you know more or less where the slider was...
(06-15-2020, 01:54 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 04:12 AM)PureTryOut Wrote: It would help if you told us what UI this happens on, as what the slider does (or even if there is a slider) is different for each.

This is still the case on both plasma mobile and phosh (images grabbed last Saturday 13 June  2020)
One can workaround  this just by moving the slider back to the right provided you left your fingetr on the slider or you know more or less where the slider was...

Definitely still a problem @pure and even more of one with the auto brightness in the newest anx version of PmOS because it will auto brightness the screen into the off position of too low. I would love to be able to set the minimum brightness in the settings, but I dont see that anywhere. I only see max and scale, which sadly isnt the min to max, but linear vs non linear.

I don't know if you could point me toward the file for minimum that, but it was probably the most frustrating part of the 5.7 build was getting to the settings to turn off auto as it freaked out raising and lowering the brightness before turning the screen off until I locked and unlocked the phone again.

Thanks and love the work you guys are doing!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  auto brightness colin hodsdon 3 4,625 04-28-2021, 08:25 AM
Last Post: fzfddv