Heat sink required for Pine64?
(05-04-2016, 08:02 AM)rahlquist Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 07:54 PM)Beryllium Wrote: Thanks, you can buy them on ebay, amazon... for few bucks, but you can also find them in junk electronics, old motherboards, graphic cards, dvrs, etc...

I got my fan from some DVR I found. But I think heat sink is doing most of the work.

Just keep in mind lots of the cheap heatinks you have on ebay have crap adhesive. I bought some for my Pi, within 3 months the adhesive had let all the heatsinks drift more than 3-6 mm across the surface of the chips they were on. Since heatsinks are metal, falling off the chip onto the pcb while running would likely suck. 

So get good stuff, use permanent thermal epoxy or keep the board horizontal at the very least.

Doesn't surprise me, I never bought heat sinks just saw they sell them, the one I got from video card has really good adhesive, I need to put decent pressure to take it off.
(05-03-2016, 06:31 PM)Beryllium Wrote: [Image: dH9C7A0.jpg][Image: sCOj6Ms.jpg]

This one doesn't fit, I tried...

[Image: TKKQSw7.png]
Since I like your fan-heat sink setup very much, may I ask what are the dimensions of the 2 heat sinks you applied as well as those of the fan? Is the fan a 5V one?
But the adhesive from sellers on ebay/amazon can be replaced, right?
(05-28-2016, 05:18 AM)Pepe Wrote: But the adhesive from sellers on ebay/amazon can be replaced, right?
I got a few of those:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Copper-He...SwY0lXRCO9

and replaced their adhesive with better quality 3M one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Will the Heat Sinks From Pine be Available? Bob123456789 3 4,932 05-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Last Post: tllim