No SIM
Hi,
Just received my pinephone yesterday. Everything is fine except that my SIM card isn't recognize. On the factory test Modem status is OK, Call status is "Ready for call" but Sim status is mentioning "No sim" while there is a working SIM card plugged in.
I managed to try Ubuntu touch : it also says that there is no SIM card.
Does it has something to do with my location (France) ? Or with the kill switch (I didn't touch anything) ?
Thanks !
You have to start the modem and send a command to unlock your SIM. It is simpler to remove the PIN code from your SIM before trying in PinePhone.

I don't have the specific details, hopefully someone else can be more specific. At least start with
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8923
(I saw the proper commands on IRC in the last days but failed to record them!)
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(02-01-2020, 10:45 AM)petrus Wrote: Hi,
Just received my pinephone yesterday. Everything is fine except that my SIM card isn't recognize. On the factory test Modem status is OK, Call status is "Ready for call" but Sim status is mentioning "No sim" while there is a working SIM card plugged in.
I managed to try Ubuntu touch : it also says that there is no SIM card.
Does it has something to do with my location (France) ? Or with the kill switch (I didn't touch anything) ?
Thanks !

same here NO SIM. Sweden, Telenor.  Huh
Thanks to dukla2000, I found a way : I plugged my SIM to my old Android device and, in the parameters, set the SIM to not ask for a password. After that, my SIM appears to be recognize in the pm factory test .
The factory test doesn't understand locked sims it seems like, it was designed to run tests in the factory which is a slightly more controlled environment.
Same here, Ubuntu Touch latest build (#213), no pin on my sim cards, ran the 2 scripts to enable-modem and online-modem, still SIM card undetected.

i'm also not sure how deeply to insert the card in the SIM slot? It's also impossible to remove without something sticky to help pull it out...
Same here. No SIM detected and my SIM isn't locked. Tested Manjaro's Alpha 3 and it recognized the SIM and connected to data.

Just saw the commands over here. Seems to be working. https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8923
(02-05-2020, 09:51 PM)mark-two Wrote: Same here. No SIM detected and my SIM isn't locked. Tested Manjaro's Alpha 3 and it recognized the SIM and connected to data.

Just saw the commands over here. Seems to be working. https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8923

In addition to that, I had to get a nano-to-micro SIM adapter for my SIM.. now at least it's detected, working on getting some actual signal now (might be incompatible bands with my carrier)
@pajux I confirm that without PIN code set, the SIM card is detected and usable. I have been able to send and receive SMS and to make call out with Ubuntu Touch Smile
I had to manually activate the modem. Call sound is not working but I didn't try to activate it.
My operator is FREE (Grenoble).
I, too have this issue. For a few days the phone recognized my SIM, but after a few updates of Ubuntu Touch the SIM is no longer detected. When the SIM is not detected, there is also no IMEI displayed in "About" under Settings. Any ideas?