Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
There, https://epidemicsim.sourceforge.io it's finally done. Needs just xlib and its dev stuff.
How do I play as the virus?

https://plagueinc.fandom.com/wiki/Plague_Inc._Wiki
Big data isn't big enough for this problem. We need enormous data. Don't waste real time validating it. The experts can "work" and "massage" the data later. GIGO

I'd like to see a chart with infection rate by class. I bet two bazillion sheets of green toilet paper (aka "dollars") poor people are getting infected faster than rich people. I heard on real TV news Amazon is hiring though. All you peasants have to do is pass a Covid19 test to qualify. Then you can deliver food to people living in penthouses. Woohoo!

EDIT: Oh, and how could Bernie's idea of giving us all free healthcare not be wildly popular right now? It's almost like he's been banned on TV.
By class yes, in the sense that it costs money to get away from people.  Packed like rats into cities with nobody believing in quarantines and social distancing, it will spread like fire through a wood frame house.  It's mostly a problem in areas of high population density.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1728]

In parts of the US where population density is low there's almost no problem.  Not everyone in rural areas is rich by any means.  Some people prefer cities, I don't, my nearest neighbors are 1/4 mile (0.4 k m) away.  There are no jobs here unless you invent them or commute an hour.  No apartments.  No internet.  It takes work to maintain a vehicle so you can drive somewhere else for a job.  I grew up here.

The original map is at https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/nRyaf/15/ but it doesn't always work on bad internet.  You can hover your mouse over a spot and read the numbers of cases.  It's from the Associated Press.

But this is a situation we've created ourselves, much like global warming.  We can change it, we just have to all be on the same page in understanding it.  The virus will die when it can't infect anybody.  China's leaders finally understood that, it's slowly catching on elsewhere.

Attached Files
.png   us_counties_3-27.png (Size: 325.41 KB / Downloads: 942)
I think it is time to get serious about moving manufacturing to other countries:

Some movie theaters in China recently started to reopen after closing amid the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis, but they didn't remain in operation for long.
Beijing's Film Bureau in a notice on Friday ordered all of China's movie theaters to once again close despite more than 600 cinemas previously getting the green light to reopen,.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/905213/ch...eds-reopen
(03-27-2020, 08:48 PM), KNERD Wrote: I think it is time to get serious about moving manufacturing to other countries:

Some movie theaters in China recently started to reopen after closing amid the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis, but they didn't remain in operation for long.
Beijing's Film Bureau in a notice on Friday ordered all of China's movie theaters to once again close despite more than 600 cinemas previously getting the green light to reopen,.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/905213/ch...eds-reopen

This is a global problem, that I don't think will be solved by moving. If people are working in factories somewhere right now they are doing it in places where their coworkers may also be sick, and some of these places are more like sweatshops with little space. The virus spreads in small cramped spaces. I've been watching the news and basically health care providers were explaining that with their knowledge at this point in time, if the COVID-19 is anything like other corona virus strains, after a person recovers from infection they are temporarily immune but that immunity then subsides and one can get re-infected. This must be the reason why the re-closure of movie theatres, to avoid re-infecting people...a wise decision. It's not incorrect to say that China and South Korea have been the most aggressive in stopping the spread. There is no vaccine yet.

Shipping seems to be the main logistical consideration...waiting for the product to ship. Closure of borders. etc.

Even if I had to wait for my product I would wait until the pandemic has gotten under control, I cannot conscientiously choose a product I know that someone had made while dying of COVID-19, in any country.
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
It may be true it is global now, but not all areas are affected the same way.
Also looks like China is going on another lock down. I would say they are doing it again because they are not being honest on number of infected, nor their control over it.

Diversifying manufacturing locations is a logical choice now rather than depending solely on China, who seems to have mass pandemics every few years now.
I'd read that there are young people with the most severe form of the disease, and it presents identically to the severe form in the elderly.

While eating lunch today, it occurred to me that disease severity might depend on route of infection, not just age, general immune competence, or genetic factors: If it gets in some way other than the lungs, the host may have time to build partial immunity by the time it reaches the lungs, and have the mild course of the disease. In which case, the virus could serve as its own vaccine: Purposefully inoculate people via the safest route, before they accidentally breathe it in.

Found an article about severity vs route of infection; haven't had time to read all of it yet.

"Association of COVID-19 Disease Severity with Transmission Routes and Suggested Changes to Community Guidelines"
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202...1/download
(03-16-2020, 05:18 AM)Luke Wrote: @tllim flew from US to HK and shipped everything that remained in the warehouse by himself ...
If you see him at the conference, I'd say buy him a beer.

My PinePhone Braveheart, from within the final batch, has reached me in New Zealand. 

Thank you, @tllim !
(03-28-2020, 01:32 AM)Dendrocalamus64 Wrote: "Association of COVID-19 Disease Severity with Transmission Routes and Suggested Changes to Community Guidelines"
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202...1/download

Good paper, unless there are flawed assumptions that only a peer review would spot.  Maybe the vaccine, if there ever is one, should be inhaled.  Find an inhaler for pneumonia.  A disinfectant for the lungs..

As overworked as the health systems are now with this, think about how a very small percentage of the population is infected.  If 30% or 50% were infected we could be looking at the end of humanity.  We need to concentrate on stopping the spread, forget about going back to work, movies, sports, etc.

Or invent a more traceable form of quarantine, and realize we're going to spend appreciable parts of our lives in quarantine.  A factory or  college could quarantine together, and once the infections are dealt with continue to function normally.  As long as no infections from outside get in.  Think of a quarantine period as an airlock, it's very cumbersome to get through but once you're inside, assuming everyone else has been quarantined, you're fairly safe.

My 2 weeks ends Monday, no symptoms.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,649 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,893 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,906 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,250 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin