Brave Heart First Impressions ?
Exclamation 
 (January 18, 2019)

So Brave Heart Edition of the Pine phone started shipping yesterday.

Have  'YOU'   received Your shipping notice yet ?

I was in the Crowd waiting when they opened the door on this bout of orders.

I guess the store is probably closed for the weekend (?)  I hope to hear something soon.

January 25, 2020

When I attempt to track my Brave Heart :

It still has the same old statement that it has "arrived in Switzerland" !

5 Days and not even an update !

GRRrrrr Wish it was DHL

Asendia SUX
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-18-2020, 04:06 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  (January 18, 2019)

So Brave Heart Edition of the Pine phone started shipping yesterday.

Have  'YOU'   received Your shipping notice yet ?

I was in the Crowd waiting when they opened the door on this bout of orders.

I guess the store is probably closed for the weekend (?)  I hope to hear something soon.

I don't know if they have just started to prepare them to be shipped or have also started to ship them and if so, if they are started to also send out shipping notices. :-)

However, I have not received it yet although I think I may also be among the first having a successful order in the crowd.

I think we may hear further info on Monday - at least some users saying here they have received their shipping notices.
There have been a few outside sites stating that "shipping" started on the 17th,  but yeah I guess there could be different definitions to the word shipping.

Besides Luke and others here on the forum stating that as well

But I have not yet seen with my own eyes someone posting, saying they received their shipping notice.

I attempted to get in at the moment they started accepting orders, but it may have been 30 minutes or so before I successfully completed my transaction.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hello,

what way should be the "shipping notice" be received in ? I've checked my email, but found nothing like that Sad
(Sunday, January 19, 2020)

I do not know how or when this 'newer' shipping company communicates with customers.
DHL would text you the morning they received the shipment, and forward your PBP in minutes or hours into the actual shipping network.
Then the following day I would receive an email from Pine that it had shipped.
SO, . . . IF the new shipping company uses a different method ? I do not know.
Perhaps we will get an email from the Pine Store on Monday ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
They'll ship by region and quantity. They are shipping now and over the next 2-3 days.
I have no clue how the situation with tracking nrs will look like - shipping staff is going on holidays right after ... i'll let you know when I get updated myself
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-19-2020, 05:27 PM)Luke Wrote: ... i'll let you know when I get updated myself

Thank you in advance.
Just got mine. Haven't started to install anything yet.

1) I can't open the backcover with bare hands. ***WARNING*** Do use a BIGGER screwdriver when you open the back cover at its corner (bottom right corner there is a place for it). I used a small screwdriver at first which failed to open the backcover and created two scratch marks on my new pinephone lol.

2) The kill switches are so small you will need tools to use it. I use a small screwdriver for that. (Combine with point one, kill switches are not something you can change without tools quickly.)

3) There is a plastic sheet at the battery to prevent discharging. You will need to remove it to start the phone..

4) The box has 2800mAh label on it (so the wiki's 2750-3000 mAh value can change to 2800?)

5) (Kill switches failed or "Automatic tests" failed or my pinephone has circuit issues?) The default postmaker OS seems to be ok, I just set all kill switches to OFF and see if they work.

MPU-6050 (Six-Axis Gyro + Accelerometer)
LIS3MDL (3axis magnetic field sensors)
STK3335 (Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor)
RTL8723CS (RTL8723CS WiFi Bluetooth)
EG25 (Modem)
OV5640 (camera, not the one mentioned in website)
GC2145 (camera, not the one mentioned in website)

In pine64 pinephone page it said
Main Camera: Single OV6540, 5MP, 1/4″, LED Flash
Selfie Camera: Single GC2035, 2MP, f/2.8, 1/5″

In the postmaker factory test page there are OV5640 and GC2145 (both are also camera version) and system can detect them EVEN IF KILL SWITCHES ARE SET TO OFF. I tried again with the camera kill switches at ON position and they are also detected by the system. Moden (EG25) is detected as FAILED in "Automatic tests" no matter if kill switch is ON or OFF. I guess the modem testing does not need to insert a SIM card? ###UPDATED: In seperated "Modem" testing it shows the modem is working with respect to kill switch. Really I don't know if I should trust the "Automatic tests" results.

I willl test it with some OS later. Can someone confirm if the kill switches are working or it is simply the "Automatic tests" issue? Anyway perhaps I should start testing with different OS to see if it is fine, starting with something that would run on pine64 SBC.
(01-19-2020, 11:44 PM)pinetester Wrote: Just got mine. Haven't started to install anything yet.
Does it an early shipment of BraveHeart edition or it is from an earlier, developer batch?
Just because BraveHeart Edition is just started shipping on Friday.
...maybe you are close to the shipping centre anyway. Smile
(01-19-2020, 11:44 PM)pinetester Wrote: Just got mine. Haven't started to install anything yet.

I have received notification today morning: "Your Order has been shipped via 17track." Central EU (CZ). Current status: Swiss post (not trackable yet). Quite close Smile

Quote:Moden (EG25) is detected as FAILED in "Automatic tests" no matter if kill switch is ON or OFF. I guess the modem testing does not need to insert a SIM card?

It was said modem test should fail without SIM.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie impressions PP64 Dinosaur1946 10 5,612 01-11-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  SD card requirements for Pine Phone (Brave Heart edition) bcnaz 9 14,829 02-13-2020, 05:58 AM
Last Post: dukla2000
  My Brave Heart bcnaz 0 1,837 02-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
Exclamation Brave Heart Edition bcnaz 5 8,048 01-15-2020, 02:56 PM
  Brave Heart 'welcome letter' draft - feedback welcome Luke 26 30,162 12-25-2019, 05:02 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pine Phone Brave Heart November pre-order date ? bcnaz 12 16,179 11-12-2019, 06:33 PM