Encryption
Hello,

Currently I am using my Pinebook Pro with the default Debian Desktop installation - without any encryption. I am moderately paranoid about
security (an occupational hazzard I guess) and would like to run the Pinebook the way I run my other notebooks - with an encrypted LVM configured in the same
way the official Debian installer sets it up. I have not yet bought an SSD for the Pinebook, but I would like most buy the intel SSD listed as compatible. 

Is anybody already using a similar setup and could describe how he/she got it working? I guess without an installer one would have to set up the SSD with cryptsetup manually, debootstrap an operating system on it (Debian) and then configure grub. So in theory it should be possible already. But these are a lot of steps and this setup would not include the customized builds from Mr. Fixit. What I would like (User Story, meant as a suggestion for improvement) would a repository which I could simply add to my apt-sources and then install and update via that repository. 

Yours sincerely
Stefan
Check out this post and his website, where he details it. It seems there are some caveats you'll need to keep in mind.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...7#pid51517

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,604 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
Information Install Void Linux with near-full-disk encryption dumetrulo 3 2,946 09-05-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: petersen77