Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY)
There is a lot to be adapted to this, but I currently do not have the time to do it. This only has like 5 changes or so. However, it might be interesting to check how we can get the kernel to install itself to the boot partition, as required by uboot.

And indeed the toolchain is quite old, but I tried upgrading it manually, and that only resulted in more problems.
I think it would be very interesting to see how we can take a normal Gentoo build environment and transform it into a ChromiumOS one. Then, we could have the latest versions of all the packages and I think it would make things easier. However, I tried that several times already, no luck there either: a lot of dependency conflicts...

Attached Files
.zip   overlay-pinebook-pro.zip (Size: 4.34 KB / Downloads: 290)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY) - by brent.thierens - 09-10-2020, 03:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,519 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  Chromium OS 78? obyknovenius 2 6,040 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,706 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Possible to use different uboot with Chromium? tophneal 1 3,852 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Last Post: tophneal