PineTimeTouch Screen Broken
I just received my PineTime dev kit. The battery charged ok and the watch face lights up when the button is pressed but the touch screen doesn't work.
I cant change screens and when you hold the button to power off the buttons don't work.
Looks like the touch screen is broken. Are there any other reports of this?

After some more testing the screen has now lost all color -
.jpg   pinetime_screen.jpg (Size: 119.05 KB / Downloads: 476)
I am facing same issue. I received the PineTime dev kit this morning. The battery level was zero so I charged it. The touch panel worked initially when battery level was 7%  and I left it charging for more than an hour but after charging 99% when I used the touch panel it didn't work.  I changed the watch face using Da fit app. during charging I hope it didn't break anything.
The screen is working fine it is only touch not working.
I detached and re-attached the touch controller connector on the board and it started working again!  Smile
Detaching and re-attaching the touch controller seams to have fixed the touch problem. All I need now is a copy of the firmware so I can re-flash it. Is there a download of the firmware anywhere?

Found some info on the wiki - https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PineTime
The garbled screen can be fixed with hard reset.
I had to restart several times but eventually the screen came good. All fixed now ?
(12-23-2019, 01:24 AM)yokonav Wrote: I detached and re-attached the touch controller connector on the board and it started working again!  Smile

Hm, I face the same issue. I've detached and re-attached the touch controller connector and it didn't help.

The screen displays fine, but touch does nothing. (For example, on the Shut Down prompt).
I'm having a similar issue. I'm using wasp-os. My touchscreen seems to be degrading. I can only use the touch screen with two fingers and it seems like the orientations left/right/up/down areixed up as well. It worked flawlessly for about a month. I've semi sealed the back so I would prefer not to open it to mess with the cable. Any ideas?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
https://wiki.pine64.org/images/2/29/Pine...cation.jpg

The touch controller connector is be the one with the chip embedded in the flat flex cable that plugs in the bottom white connector. Disconnect/Reconnect that cable.
Be careful when lifting the connector open as it is quite fragile.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen stopped working properly pcfreak9000 3 1,541 01-18-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pinetime Screen issue after bootloop troubles Spater 12 5,530 09-15-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: wibble
  PineTime Touch Screen Stopped Working BlunderingBushcraft 3 2,737 07-30-2022, 04:19 PM
Last Post: headgr
Star screen protector for pinetime? sal 7 5,435 02-23-2022, 05:03 AM
Last Post: ITCactus
  Hanging on PINE TIME screen - UPDATE now just blank andystratton 0 1,585 01-22-2021, 04:45 AM
Last Post: andystratton