Alternative plug-end for PBP wall wart?
Question 
The wall wart (power adapter) delivered with the Pinebook Pro comes with a removable plug-end; I currently have the one with two round prongs suitable for power outlets in most EU countries.

However, since the cable plugging into the PBP is very short, and I would like to use a standard 5m power cable of which I have several in the house (used with Dell laptop power adapters), I was wondering if there is a plug-end featuring a Mickey Mouse type plughole to fit the 5m power cable.

If so, what is it called, and where can I get it?
If the barrel connector of the Dell power supply is different than that of the PBP, you can probably look for an step up/down adapter if you know the OD/ID of the other barrel. The PBP's barrel size can be found in the wiki.
(03-09-2020, 07:33 AM)tophneal Wrote: If the barrel connector of the Dell power supply is different than that of the PBP, you can probably look for an step up/down adapter if you know the OD/ID of the other barrel. The PBP's barrel size can be found in the wiki.

From what I have seen the barrel connector (3.5mm OD, 1.35mm ID) is also known as a "Type-H" connector.

The most common DC extension leads use the bigger "Arduino/laptop" (5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID) connectors.
You can get big-to-small barrel adapters and small-to-big but that would add a lot of connections between charger and Pinebook Sad
(03-09-2020, 12:47 PM)neilman Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 07:33 AM)tophneal Wrote: If the barrel connector of the Dell power supply is different than that of the PBP, you can probably look for an step up/down adapter if you know the OD/ID of the other barrel. The PBP's barrel size can be found in the wiki.

From what I have seen the barrel connector (3.5mm OD, 1.35mm ID) is also known as a "Type-H" connector.

The most common DC extension leads use the bigger "Arduino/laptop" (5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID) connectors.
You can get big-to-small barrel adapters and small-to-big but that would add a lot of connections between charger and Pinebook Sad

Just the single ste up/down adapter. That's not bad. My travel power setup is pretty similar (primary USB cord that uses barrel adapters for the device end) and it works very well (even gives me a 90 degree bend at the PBP, so the power cord does not jut out the side.) Now if a single adapter isn't an option, and multiple are required, I agree that's too much and may not be worth it.

Decided to look up the conversion using the common numbers given, and I'd say this is worth the price for @dumetrulo to at least try if it allows them to be able to reuse an existing power supply:
https://www.ebay.com/i/392024328281?chn=...o_EALw_wcB
Another thing you can do is use an AC extension cord with the wall wart delivered with the Pinebook Pro — turning the wall wart into a line lump.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steps for Installing Alternative OSes in 2022 jazzhands 8 2,599 11-15-2022, 09:39 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  OBS Studio or alternative on Pinebook Pro? charlespine 4 6,216 09-26-2020, 07:59 AM
Last Post: khan
  powerup upon plug event robt 5 5,581 07-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Last Post: robt
  Alternative to the screws? MIchael 10 12,611 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Last Post: ab1jx