no sound output
I fired up my new PBP this morning for the first time. The sound worked at first, but now I have no sound at all. I can't figure out what changed. All of the sound preferences appear to be set correctly.
1) There are several existing threads regarding no audio
2) I believe there is also a trouble shooting guide in the Pinebook Pro wiki
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@aspurr, @bcnaz, While the troubleshooting section on the Wiki does have information, until 5 minutes ago, it did not have a sound issues section. I just added it.

But, it's pretty limited today. It won't help for @aspurr problem, (yet).

Whence we figure out various sound problems & solutions, we will add them to the Wiki.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
One issue is that if you use an external HDMI connector, apps start using that, even though the default in audio settings is heaphones or speakers. This is not a pbpro issue as such, the same happens sometimes on desktop Linux. The difference is that the audio settings widget has an option to switch audiostreamer per app to a different output. The pbpro mixer does not have it, maybe stretch is too old to have this functionality.

I managed to fix this once for Chromium but I can't remember the exact steps I took, so now Youtube sound works on Chromium but not on Firefox.
(12-01-2019, 04:47 AM)jpakkane Wrote: One issue is that if you use an external HDMI connector, apps start using that, even though the default in audio settings is heaphones or speakers. This is not a pbpro issue as such, the same happens sometimes on desktop Linux. The difference is that the audio settings widget has an option to switch audiostreamer per app to a different output. The pbpro mixer does not have it, maybe stretch is too old to have this functionality.

I managed to fix this once for Chromium but I can't remember the exact steps I took, so now Youtube sound works on Chromium but not on Firefox.

Thank you for the reminder. I've add that issue to the sound troubleshooting section. It actually does not mater if it's HDMI or DisplayPort, the audio can be passed through either.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
I can get sound to work sometimes. YouTube sound works only if the volume (on the YouTube screen) is set to max. Otherwise no sound.
The keyboard volume controls don't do anything.
(12-07-2019, 01:22 PM)mspohr Wrote: I can get sound to work sometimes. YouTube sound works only if the volume (on the YouTube screen) is set to max. Otherwise no sound.
The keyboard volume controls don't do anything.

I'm having sound issues that have appeared after a few weeks of not using the PBP....

Have you tried going into the "Control Center" and selecting the sound option to test your speakers that way? It's in the Debian OS....

I do need to flash another micro SD card with the Ubuntu, it somehow got corrupted while sitting as well. Had no real sound problems with it....Please give it a try..:-)

Now get this!

I just tried YouTube again and the sound works!?!?!

I did NOTHING....Any ideas? Thanks! :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBP (PPP) docking deck : no hdmi sound Rosbeefandino 0 934 07-24-2022, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Rosbeefandino
  Sound through usb-c LinuxIsNewToMe 9 9,918 07-23-2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: pine1024
  Is it safe to use a charger with more than 3A output? Obikawa 8 9,272 01-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Last Post: zaius
  Which sound preference for "hardware" and "speaker" richfm 1 2,974 11-19-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Watercourse
Music Pinebook Pro sound hdk 11 14,713 11-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tdolik