Re-partitioning; Adding swap partition; Using GPT partitions
@z4v4l, In regards to size of the SPI compared to PCs. I think you are right. I vaguely remember some PCs having 4MByte, BIOS memory.

The issue I see is that we have 2 x 4MByte binary blobs. I don't really know their names and functions, but one is some trusted firmware Rockchip supplies. That eats up half the SPI storage. We can't even use the eMMC boot partitions for these, as we would still need room for the U-Boot code. (Unless we use both SPI & eMMC.) But, perhaps we can look at the eMMC standard secure data partition, which may be 16MB, for those 2 x 4MByte binary blobs.

As for Rockchip's ROM code on the RK3399, I'd sign and honor a NDA, (Non-Disclosure Agreement), if they gave me access to the source code. Plus, I have enough embedded software development experience to give them feed back on silly mistakes and or outright bugs. (Then keep it confidential... per NDA.) That way, they can fix the ROM in later generations, without worrying about prior generations being less than ideal, shall we say.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Messages In This Thread
RE: Re-partitioning; Adding swap partition; Using GPT partitions - by Arwen - 12-07-2019, 12:10 PM