A Key cap has fallen off. How do I refit it?
(11-21-2019, 03:08 AM)Bicko Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 09:48 PM)hmuller Wrote: @Bicko 
Based on your message and the picture you attached, the plastic hinge is still attached to the key cap. 
Using this reference: 
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001244.htm ...
Thanks hmuller, that's exactly my situation.  I'm reticent to dismantle the key further; I'm not saying I won't do it if I have to, but I seem to remember Lukasz saying not to remove the mechanism from the key - this was way back in August on the Telegram/Matrix thingy. Back then it was a discussion about swapping/moving the keycaps.  I'd love to hear from anyone who has done that before I try to go any further.

(11-20-2019, 06:11 AM)bolinches Wrote: I have the same problem with key "A" I can out bck in but it it a bit loose and pops out after a couple of presses.
Not an ideal user experience!
I notice my 'tab' key is sometimes sticking down, on its top right corner, if I don't press it centrally. I really hope this isn't a warning sign.
I love this device, aside from the keycaps issue.

Not ideal, I agree. I opened a ticket. First answer is that I try to re-attach with some angle, I will follow the process (which I tried multiple times before that answer from support) and lets see how it goes.

Attached Files
.jpg   photo_2019-11-20_14-19-29.jpg (Size: 176.5 KB / Downloads: 435)
.jpg   photo_2019-11-20_14-19-17.jpg (Size: 212.7 KB / Downloads: 446)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Key cap has fallen off. How do I refit it? - by bolinches - 11-21-2019, 04:30 AM