PBP benchmarks
Would it be possible to get some benchmark results of the Pinebook Pro? I found a RK3399 results on geekbench, I suppose the Pinebook Pro will have comparable results? 

These are the results I found:
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/sea...3&q=RK3399

I'd love to play around with the PBP but I'm just not sure it would be powerful enough for my daily office work (quite some browser tabs, libre office sometimes with large files, remote desktop via x2go and vnc, VPN...), so any benchmark numbers would be greatly appreciated. I've seen the youtube videos showing 4k video playback and 3D, but those are not really the things I'm after.
As I have mentioned before, I am more worried about the 4 GB memory limit than about the CPU (although I'd guess that Libre Office might be sluggish as well).
(08-25-2019, 06:46 AM)cmeerw Wrote: As I have mentioned before, I am more worried about the 4 GB memory limit than about the CPU (although I'd guess that Libre Office might be sluggish as well).

Fairly recently I used LibreOffice on a old iBook G3 with 640MB RAM -- ran very well. Wink

For OP: For most of your example use cases, the Pinebook Pro should work pretty well. Too many browser tabs may pose an issue, but 10-15 would probably be fine. And yes, the results you found for RK3399 should be comparable.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

I am sure the score will not be higher than 4000, but @Luke  could make some bench in Android Smile
I'll be honest, I don't care enough to be bothered and try out. When you get your unit run and share the benchmark.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Ok, I agree that we can expect that the performance will be up to 4000 points, so about 3-4 times faster than first PB Smile
(08-26-2019, 12:30 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Ok, I agree that we can expect that the performance will be up to 4000 points, so about 3-4 times faster than first PB Smile

The CPU on the RK3399 is approx ~10x faster in compute benchmarks like sysbench for instance.
Don't know about the GPU (and VPU) but obviously it is many many times faster.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Wow, I did not know that. That is really good, if it is true. So now we see that Geekbench can be a quite good tool for testing the real performance in common tasks.
Ill be happy to run benchmarks in whatever flavor is demanded, when my unit arrives in October.
-Happy Testing
(Posted from my Pinebook  PRO Mate)
Getting Paid to break your product (and make it better) since 2005
Me too, I also work as a tester Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineBook Pro benchmarks zxorg 9 11,179 06-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx