[FIXED] AV Acess 4KSW41-KVM 4-port HDMI+USB KVM
I've purchased an AV Access 4KSW41-KVM 4-port HDMI+USB KVM switch to share my USB keyboard and mouse & my HDMI monitor between my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ & my Pine64 Rock64. 

The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ works as expected.
The Rock64, however, does not seem to recognize the USB devices (i.e., the keyboard & the mouse):

1. The LED inside the mouse illuminates but the desktop does not acknowledge any movement.
  2. The USB keyboard is completely unrecognized:
  • The Rock64 does not acknowledge any keystrokes. 
  • Pressing the CapsLock and/or the NumLock does not cause either status light to illuminate.

Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA,
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon

FWIW: The behavior of the Rock64 is the same regardless of which USB port I use to connect to the KVM switch - The USB 2.0 Host port or the USB 3.0 Host port.

TIA,
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon

UPDATE:

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
As an initial step to verify that the Rock64 was still healthy (i.e., not damaged)...
  1. I removed the power input from the Rock64.
  2. I transferred the keyboard and the mouse to the Rock64.
  3. I inserted the power input into the Rock64.
FIRST RESULT: The keyboard and mouse functioned as expected.

And then...
  1. I transferred the keyboard and the mouse to the KVM switch.
  2. I inserted the KVM USB-connector into the Rock64.
SECOND RESULT: The keyboard and mouse functioned as expected for about 3 minutes. And then the keyboard and the mouse became completely unresponsive - the same as before.

TIA,
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon
Thumbs Up 
UPDATE
I've determined that this behavior is not the fault of the KVM - It is something odd about the XFCE desktop installed by Armbian.

SUMMARY
Now that I've converted to the Armbian Minimal image (i.e., the CLI-only "default" image) the AV Access 4KSW41-KVM 4-port HDMI+USB KVM switch works faultlessly!

Big Grin
(06-19-2019, 09:18 PM)PDXpi Wrote: UPDATE
I've determined that this behavior is not the fault of the KVM - It is something odd about the XFCE desktop installed by Armbian.

SUMMARY
Now that I've converted to the Armbian Minimal image (i.e., the CLI-only "default" image) the AV Access 4KSW41-KVM 4-port HDMI+USB KVM switch works faultlessly!

Big Grin

UPDATE
For nearly two years now I've used the AV Access 4KSW41-KVM 4-port HDMI+USB KVM switch to share my USB keyboard, USB laser scroll mouse, & HDMI monitor between my various single-board computers. And it's been flawless!

HTH!
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDMI resolution control S.I. 0 1,606 03-25-2019, 02:22 AM
Last Post: S.I.
  HDMI display + resistive touch layer. Stratos 4 5,242 10-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Last Post: tllim
  HDMI output 1280x1024 in any distro Davo-CC 2 3,730 02-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Davo-CC
  Port Trunking stuartiannaylor 0 1,416 08-18-2017, 11:41 AM