cdn-dp fec00000.dp: Direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2
I think I found** the permanent fix for this particular error message.

After digging around a LOT of forums in regards to the filename (dptx.bin), I found not only the original commit in 2016 for this file in a chromiumOS forum (see this post) and where it belongs (see this post), but I also traced it down to what the file's purpose is (listed below). I was also able to find the actual dptx.bin file necessary to make the problem go away. This was done in both Debian and Ubuntu images from Ayufan.

(**I don't assume I'm the 1st one to find this, but I didn't find the answer in my searches. They're as flawed as I am, I admit.)

Original Commit, from Chromium OS checkins, dated 7/21/16
https://i.imgur.com/fGAD5RB.png
Quote:This series patch is for rockchip Type-C DisplayPort controller driver.

The USB Type-C PHY is designed to support the USB3 and DP applications.
The PHY basically has two main components: USB3 and DisplayPort. USB3
operates in SuperSpeed mode and the DP can operate at RBR, HBR and HBR2
data rates. The Type-C cable orientation detection and Power Delivery
(PD) is accomplished using a PD PHY or an external PD chip.

The DP controller is compliant with DisplayPort Specification,
Version 1.3, This IP is compatible with the rockchip type-c PHY IP.
There is a uCPU in DP controller, it need a firmware to work, please
put the firmware file[0] rockchip/dptx.bin to
/lib/firmware/rockchip/dptx.bin. The uCPU in charge of aux communication
and link training, the host use mailbox to communicate with the ucpu.

After scouring (and trial-and-error), I found the appropriate file in the following repo location:
https://github.com/wkennington/linux-fir...p/dptx.bin

I'm even going to attach it, in case the repo goes bye-bye. But basic instructions are as below.

1. Using a simple wget, from root's home directory:
Code:
root@rockpro64:/home/rock64# wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wkennington/linux-firmware/master/rockchip/dptx.bin

2. Now, copy it over to the requisite directory where it's expected to be (works in both Ubuntu and Debian):
Code:
cp /home/rock64/dptx.bin /lib/firmware/rockchip/dptx.bin

Now, on reboot, the error messages go away. I'm so surprised that it worked, I swear I did something wrong.

Critiquing is welcome. Thanks for reading.

(Yes, I run as root. My network's secure, and nobody in my network cares. The closest they get to Linus is saying he walks around with a blanket.)

Attached Files
.gz   dptx.bin.gz (Size: 32.67 KB / Downloads: 455)

Messages In This Thread
RE: cdn-dp fec00000.dp: Direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2 - by kuerious - 01-16-2019, 03:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My Rockpro64 stopped booting with these error messages please help seaurchin 4 4,738 02-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Question about gstreamer-rockchip and mpp mire 1 4,261 09-13-2019, 06:57 AM
Last Post: grkblood13
  issues loading firmware and missing pci card rich0 7 8,812 04-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: rich0
  xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.6.auto: ERROR Transfer event for disabled endpoint jzhang18 4 5,460 12-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jzhang18