First usable Armbian image!
i try today with the last image ant still get only 100 mbits.

But i have this too with the android image so perhaps its really et hardware problem...
Hi! Smile

I just tested the lastest Armbian Debian Stretch image (5.88 stable) on my PineH64 model B. Booted from my SDcard, I could login via SSH and it seemed to function fairly properly.

However, the entire PineH64 board (not just the chips) starts getting hotter and hotter as soon as I plug the power in. Since I have no cooling at all for the PineH64 (passive nor active) I was forced to turn it off, and did so when it reached around 70'C.

I'm using the 'official' 5V 3Apower supply. When I use this same power supply on my Pine64-LTS this does not happen.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Scratch the above, it only seemed to that at first boot, perhaps because it was expanding the SDcard. After rebooting it hovered around 45'C. Currently however, I've attached this tiny heatsink to the H6 core, and now it hovers around 42'C when idling.

Will do some more testing (install desktop on it, try to connect HDMI and audio, run some movies, etc.) and report back 

+ Installed 'full desktop' (XFCE) through armbian-config, went supersmooth and without errors! HDMI worked instantly, tried 4K@30Hz and 1080P@60Hz. Wifi also worked instantly.
- Sound did not work (Pulseaudio did not seem to find any hardware, just a dummy device) and video's stuttered like crazy (just tried with some Youtube movies).

I hope to use this PineH64 as a media-player, so I'll probably install KODI when hardware acceleration is available. All in all the current state looks promising!

Edit: If I understand correctly from this article on Phoronix it appears that the Allwinner H6 will receive support with the 'cedrus video driver' in Linux kernel 5.2, which is expected to be release somewhere next month (july '19). I hope that means 'driver support for the Mail-T720 in mainline kernel', but I can't be sure Big Grin For now I'm gonna wait out until Armbian offers a (nightly) build based upon kernel 5.2 (the version I'm running now, 5.88, is based on 5.1.7) and test that.

If there's any further testing I can do in particular please let me know.

Regards!
PinePhone (BH 2GB + CE 3GB) // RockPro64 4GB (rev. 2.1) - OMV NAS // PineH64 3GB (model B) - off-prem OMV NAS // Pine64-LTS 2GB (rev. 1.2 + Playbox) - Domotics server
Updated images for Pineh64

Debian Buster and more https://docs.armbian.com/Release_Changelog/
(06-29-2019, 04:21 PM)p1x3l3d Wrote: Hi! Smile

I just tested the lastest Armbian Debian Stretch image (5.88 stable) on my PineH64 model B. Booted from my SDcard, I could login via SSH and it seemed to function fairly properly.

I have the PineH64 model B, just ordered a few weeks ago, and absolutely no Armbian image would get to CLI or boot screen. It consistently locks up. 

Where do you get the 'stable' image? Do you mean Armbian_5.88_Pineh64_Debian_stretch_dev_5.1.7.img ?

I tried the following images:

Armbian_5.90_Pineh64_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.1.15.img
Armbian_5.90_Pineh64_Debian_buster_dev_5.1.15.img
Armbian_5.89.190626_Pineh64_Debian_stretch_dev_5.1.12.img
Armbian_5.88_Pineh64_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.1.7.img
Armbian_5.88_Pineh64_Debian_stretch_dev_5.1.7.img  

I've got a class 10 sd card (Samsung EVO), and a 3A power supply. Heatsinks on the board, temperatures seem reasonable (37C). No other changes. I even plugged in an RTC LiIon battery, as AOSC (which boots fine) complained about RTC low voltage.

Any ideas? No red on the boot screen, everything looked OK. The last line is:

[  OK  ] Started Armbian hardware optimization.

It also seems to halt on resizing the SD card sometimes, but it does get resized. 

I DO sometimes get a core fault, but it's rare. Hitting reset goes to the above line. It's hard to get as it reboots somewhat quickly. I do have a screenshot. 

AOSC boots fine, no faults. 

== John ==

(07-07-2019, 03:44 AM)igorp Wrote: Updated images for Pineh64

Debian Buster and more https://docs.armbian.com/Release_Changelog/

Hi Igor,

Cool, thanks a lot for the work and the notification! I'll update my PineH64 to the latest Buster release and see how it goes Smile

(07-10-2019, 03:58 PM)JGwinner Wrote: [...]
Any ideas? No red on the boot screen, everything looked OK. The last line is:

[  OK  ] Started Armbian hardware optimization.

It also seems to halt on resizing the SD card sometimes, but it does get resized. 

I DO sometimes get a core fault, but it's rare. Hitting reset goes to the above line. It's hard to get as it reboots somewhat quickly. I do have a screenshot. 

AOSC boots fine, no faults. 

== John ==

Hi John,

The image I reported about was Armbian_5.88_Pineh64_Debian_stretch_dev_5.1.7, and I see you also tested that one. I haven't experienced any lockups with this board yet, it seemed really stable for me on that image. Like I said, I even tested it with 4K output through HDMI (so 30fps) and it can't remember it crashing on me.

37'C seems like a very good temperature for the chipset (mine runs much hotter), so I can't image it has something to do with (heavy) load. Did you attach any peripheral devices to the board that might cause such behaviour, perhaps? Sorry, I have no further ideas that might help!
PinePhone (BH 2GB + CE 3GB) // RockPro64 4GB (rev. 2.1) - OMV NAS // PineH64 3GB (model B) - off-prem OMV NAS // Pine64-LTS 2GB (rev. 1.2 + Playbox) - Domotics server
(07-20-2019, 02:44 PM)p1x3l3d Wrote: Did you attach any peripheral devices to the board that might cause such behaviour, perhaps? Sorry, I have no further ideas that might help!

Nothing. Just the board, a power supply, and SDCard.

I've tried Samsung and Sandisk class 10 SD cards ... two 128G, one 256G, one 16G, and one 32G too! They work fine in other demanding SBC's.

I thought maybe it's a hardware issue, but the PineH64 people say because AOSC boots, it's "not the hardware" (although I imagine drivers for the two may be different enough one might not use hardware the other does, which may be defective).

Thank you for taking a look, I really appreciate it.

As much as I like Armbian and Pine64 boards, I'm running a business, and I'll take my 1K and 5K quotes to Raspbian. I don't get this crap from other distributors.

I still want this to work, so I'll keep connected.

Pine asked me to load Android (which doesn't work for my product). I haven't been able to do that yet but will try that.

== John ==
Armbian_19.11.3_Pineh64_buster_current_5.3.9 released 2019-11-19 works just fine from SD-Card, but no eMMC.
I've gotten Armbian_20.02.0-rc1_Pineh64_bullseye_current_5.4.14 booting on my H64B. HDMI, USB3, and wifi seem to be working, but weirdly, the ethernet connection turns itself off about 33s after boot every time.

In my dmesg, I see:

Code:
[   16.160917] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
[   16.160943] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[   33.760485] vcc3v3: disabling
[   33.760491] vcc1v8: disabling
[   33.760503] vcc-ac200: disabling
[   34.592661] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Link is Down

I'm guessing maybe those "disabling" messages are related. Once this happens, eth0 doesn't come back up for me at all.

Any ideas? I'm gonna try the buster image next, will report back if it's any better.
Lightbulb 
Quote:I've gotten Armbian_20.02.0-rc1_Pineh64_bullseye_current_5.4.14 booting on my H64B. HDMI, USB3, and wifi seem to be working, but weirdly, the ethernet connection turns itself off about 33s after boot every time.

Turns out, I was using the wrong image! I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it kind-of worked, using an H64A image on an H64B, but it's also just as unsurprising that not everything worked right.

For anyone else who sees the same errors I was seeing: make sure you're using the Pineh64-b build, and NOT the Pineh64 build, if you go with Armbian! Now I have working USB3, HDMI, and gigabit. (I am now using Armbian_20.02.0-rc1_Pineh64-b_bullseye_current_5.4.14.img, which is working beautifully so far.)

Working builds for the Pine H64B can be found at https://www.armbian.com/pine-h64-b/ and not https://www.armbian.com/pine-h64/ which was where I initially started. Maybe it would be useful to alter the Armbian URL for the H64A page like https://www.armbian.com/pine-h64-a/ so that it's less confusing.
Folks, be aware that their images work only with low speed eMMC modules and SD-Cards!
The eMMC modules sold in the Pine64 store are high speed eMMC modules and Armbian will not boot from them.
There is a patch available but they won't apply that to their image yet and given their attitude towards Pine64 probably never will, especially since they marked the PineH64B as "No Official Support" on their website. :-(

Link to patch --> https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12479-pi...from-emmc/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,064 02-28-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Usable headless server distro altonian64 1 1,699 12-15-2021, 09:32 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Armbian: Ethernet port goes down shortly after successful configuration. Kawayuppie 1 2,626 04-16-2021, 05:41 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
  LibreELEC testing image for Pine H64 Luke 7 11,425 06-12-2020, 02:38 AM
Last Post: p1x3l3d
  Unable to boot any armbian linux vicsanca 6 7,303 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: JGwinner
  Any informations about Linux image? CoMcE 41 55,832 02-27-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: NicoD