Popping on SPDIF - External DAC
Hello,

Running a 2GB Pine A64 with volumio.  The RCA jacks work dandy.  The optical out has some pop jitter something.  Have tried multiple sources and outputs and it's consistently there.  Search of the forums didn't show anyone else with these issues - or maybe that my forum search skills aren't so good.  ;-)

Any thoughts or advice would be nice.  This isn't a big deal but wanted to consult the community.

Thanks,

Matthew
(06-08-2018, 12:43 PM)mjgoode Wrote: Hello,

Running a 2GB Pine A64 with volumio.  The RCA jacks work dandy.  The optical out has some pop jitter something.  Have tried multiple sources and outputs and it's consistently there.  Search of the forums didn't show anyone else with these issues - or maybe that my forum search skills aren't so good.  ;-)

Any thoughts or advice would be nice.  This isn't a big deal but wanted to consult the community.

Thanks,

Matthew

I tried it should been not problem , because i have listen this DAC board.

if you have any problem , go to here https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-pine64...t9465.html
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

(06-08-2018, 11:51 PM)joe Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 12:43 PM)mjgoode Wrote: Hello,

Thanks,

Matthew

I tried it should been not problem , because i have listen this DAC board.

if you have any problem , go to here https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-pine64...t9465.html

Joe,

Thanks for the info.  Guess I have not missed any secret setting.  Will try a few other things and see what happens.

Best Regards,

Matthew
Hi..Just a stab in the dark as I have no experience with Bifrost, but this clicking could be related to the DAC switching between various sampling rates. Perhaps there is a "default" value? Try experimenting with the sound settings in your system.

pcb manufacturing and assembly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll: interest for SPDIF-only POT board? amp 0 2,519 05-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: amp
  External DAC kresten_ 178 285,503 04-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Last Post: tllim