HW Acceleration Working
So... any news? It's been what, 8 months since we got the blobs from Allwinner but then found out about the license issues?

Is it possible, at this time, to install and configure those drivers so as to get proper linux 3d performance? I'd settle for a workaround-style thing if a proper distribution of the drivers isn't feasible at this time.

I'm not complaining, just trying to figure out if my faith in the Pine is going to be rewarded or if I should go invest in an Odroid or RPi.

Thanks!
One of the guys developing 3D accelleration for PineA64 Linux is severely ill. This means that it is put on ice for the time being.
(03-13-2017, 07:29 AM)CaptainZalo Wrote: One of the guys developing 3D accelleration for PineA64 Linux is severely ill. This means that it is put on ice for the time being.

Thanks for letting me know :S best wishes to him then! I'll look for an alternative. If we ever sort this out though I'll be first in line to build a gaming machine Smile Thanks!
Is there any news on this? Waited a few months and havent seen anything posted about hw acceleration. Curious if its been given up on or whats up.
(05-09-2017, 09:32 PM)Gnx Wrote: Is there any news on this? Waited a few months and havent seen anything posted about hw acceleration. Curious if its been given up on or whats up.

In short, yes, there is work being done on it again.

(05-09-2017, 09:32 PM)Gnx Wrote: Is there any news on this? Waited a few months and havent seen anything posted about hw acceleration. Curious if its been given up on or whats up.

In short, yes, there is work being done on it again.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Have I told you I love you guys recently lol. Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work.

Quick question, is the same issue happening with pinebook? i was considering grabbing one.
Same SoC same 'issue' as you call it.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Not really an issue, id just like to be able to do more with my spare. I own 2x 2gb boards and one is a headless file server. Id like to put the other to use but I just dont have a place for it right now outside checking my mail and a few other tasks. my other machines do all the other work right now so the spare just kinda sits and collects dust atm.
So... Big Grin progress? I'm in the same boat as Gnx, have a spare 2gb board, would love to build a little retroarch machine on it.
(12-01-2017, 02:25 PM)pqueiro Wrote: So... Big Grin progress? I'm in the same boat as Gnx, have a spare 2gb board, would love to build a little retroarch machine on it.

I'm willing to put up a bounty to get acceleration on Ubuntu/Debian. Who is in?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand New LCD not working adamjedgar 3 6,479 03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,909 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim