HW Acceleration Working
Lenny,

That is super exciting. Thank you so much for your hard work on this!
Awesome, even more so because I read it in Vegeta's voice Wink
(07-29-2016, 11:17 AM)jl_678 Wrote: Lenny,

That is super exciting.  Thank you so much for your hard work on this!

I second that jl_678!!!! The work of Lenny and others in this matter makes me proud to be in this community. I wish I knew more so that I could contribute more. To me this will be the killer feature of Pine64 over RPI3. Exciting days ahead!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Ladies and gentlemen

[Image: obama.jpg]

I mean we have the Mali working Wink

[Image: maliinfo.png]

[Image: maligears.png]
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
You heard it here first, folks! Big Grin

Lenny has ascended to god status, me thinks. Wink
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

This was  a huge team effort.

Big thanks needs to go out to Xalius (without you I would have missed the fact I was using the wrong kernel module), longsleep (for starting all this, without your kernel work we wouldn't be where we are at), ssvb + mripard + apritzel (for taking the time in educating me on how it all works) and our soldier in the front lines Mr. TL Lim (this man has gone above and beyond in getting us what we need to get this far with development).

I would also like to say thanks to the Jet from AllWinner (those DTS entries helped alot and the drm portions worked out).

Now onto cleanup and mass distribution of this update Wink.
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
Wow! Big Thanks to all mentioned and for all your hard work Lenny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
amazing work! big thanks!!!
Pine64+ 2GB
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for all your work!
Heh, the latest and greatest Mali blob version still has a "segfault on exit" problem, based on your log of running "es2_info". Apparently not much has changed in the code quality department since r3pX times and the blobs are still expected to be full of bugs  Wink

Now after everything is wrapped up, hopefully with a missing EULA notice added to allow legal redistribution of the binary, it will be a good time for fixing performance problems in the X11 integration. Having merely 100 FPS in es2_gears is definitely not impressive. For comparison, an old Allwinner A10 using the Mali400 with a single pixel processor (Allwinner A64 has two pixel processors) and running at a lower Mali clock speed 320MHz could show much better performance with xf86-video-fbturbo.

Also, as already mentioned earlier, some popular applications (such as Kodi) want the framebuffer variant of the Mali binary drivers rather than the X11 variant.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand New LCD not working adamjedgar 3 6,479 03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,909 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim