HW Acceleration Working
waiting for AllWinner to complete their testing of things and whatever remaining optimizations to the driver they need to do. Should hear back and have everything in hand this week according to them.
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
(06-20-2016, 11:05 PM)CaptainZalo Wrote: Speaking of topic - Has there been any advances in the graphics accelleration department lately? July is coming.

Allwinner engineer responded back they are wrapping up and will deliver either today or tomorrow. Keep my finger cross.
Allwinner released the Mali 64-Bit driver for Pine64, here is the link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Mali_Driver
Awesome news!  Thank you.
So it has happened. We got it !
A huge shutout to Tl Lim and Lenny for the effort they have put into making this happen.
Can't wait try it out ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

tllim deserves all the credit here guys Wink

Cheers to you mate Big Grin

Cheers Big Grin
A big shout out to @tlim for his efforts then.  Thank you, sir!  

We know that it was not easy and appreciate your persistence and hard work.
just fyi for all those awaiting the Mali driver I am currently compiling the new kernel (based on longsleep's).

it will be named 3.10.102-malibeta

this is just a temporary build until changes are included into longsleep's efforts (and we are sure things are working as they should be)

Wink

[Image: building-malibeta.png]

Cheers Big Grin
(06-23-2016, 01:48 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: just fyi for all those awaiting the Mali driver I am currently compiling the new kernel (based on longsleep's).

it will be named 3.10.102-malibeta

this is just a temporary build until changes are included into longsleep's efforts (and we are sure things are working as they should be)

Wink
Awesome. Thank you for all the hard work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Great news!

So forgive my ignorance but what are the practical implications of this driver release? Does this improve video performance across the board, or only in cases where 3D acceleration is needed? I have been playing with mine as a headless server thus far due to the various bugs in HDMI output (overscan, generally slow rendering). Will this fix the overscan?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand New LCD not working adamjedgar 3 6,479 03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,911 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim