Is the Rock64 with RTC available yet?
Will the RTC be available in the December 12, 2017 Rock64 release?

Current Pine64 is doing home automation and want to migrate automation to the Rock64 (4Gb/eMMC/RTC).

Turned old RPi's in to automation slaves (the collective) for the Pine64. 

Will the Rock64 run Ubuntu 64 bit Kodi 4K mode?  (not interested in Android)

Current KODI boxes here are Aopen digital power hungry engines running Ubuntu 64bit mode (which do 4K just fine but want a smaller footprint).
Pete
Auto mator
(12-01-2017, 02:52 PM)petec Wrote: Will the RTC be available in the December 12, 2017 Rock64 release?

Current Pine64 is doing home automation and want to migrate automation to the Rock64 (4Gb/eMMC/RTC).

Turned old RPi's in to automation slaves (the collective) for the Pine64. 

Current KODI boxes here are Aopen digital power hungry engines running Ubuntu 64bit mode (which do 4K just fine but want a smaller footprint).

Will the RTC be available in the December 12, 2017 Rock64 release?
[RTC is working, just lacking battery backup. The battery backup circuit not available on December production, we plan to merge in on January production but not sure will happen. This due to there is super long lead time on PCB manufacturing.]

For KODI, please check out LibreElec build and 4K already supported.
Thank you tllim.

The automation server has done well running on the Pine64 2Gb computer.  I have limited it a bit and want to expand it a bit with the Rock64.

(IE: doing UPB, X10, ZWave and soon Zigbee plus using the Meteostick and RFXCom).

Currently testing LibreElec on two carpc's running Intel based computers on the automobiles OEM HU.

Some one wrote a small Linux executible that taps in to the bus for control et al.

So with this switching over to running carpc's to Kodi.  Currently running embedded windows.

Computer comes up as a device on the bus of the automobile.  

Next would be testing a replacement Kodi box.
Pete
Auto mator
Hello tllim,

Wondering if the RTC / battery stuff is available on current Rock54 hardware?

If not can I have instructions for soldering in battery posts and utilize the Pine64 battery holder?
Pete
Auto mator
(01-24-2018, 06:56 PM)petec Wrote: Hello tllim,

Wondering if the RTC / battery stuff is available on current Rock54 hardware?

If not can I have instructions for soldering in battery posts and utilize the Pine64 battery holder?

Attached is the RTC mod circuit for ROCK64. However, ROCK64 don't support battery charging and no such circuit available.

Thank you tlimm.

So the hardware RTC with battery changes have been abandoned eh?

Basically then all I need to do is solder on a battery to the Rock64 board.

I have done similar here with my tabletop touchscreens.

or maybe just purchase a

PiFace RTC which I have done for my RPi's over the years such that no soldering is needed.

I am also looking at making the Rock64 a micro firewall adding second NIC to it.

I am currently doing this with a tiny OpenWRT router inside of an alarm panel for out of band management and a VPN server inside of the home network that is using PFSense with multiple interfaces and VLANs.
Pete
Auto mator
(02-06-2018, 05:51 AM)petec Wrote: Thank you tlimm.

So the hardware RTC with battery changes have been abandoned eh?

Basically then all I need to do is solder on a battery to the Rock64 board.

I have done similar here with my tabletop touchscreens.

or maybe just purchase a

PiFace RTC which I have done for my RPi's over the years such that no soldering is needed.

I am also looking at making the Rock64 a micro firewall adding second NIC to it.

I am currently doing this with a tiny OpenWRT router inside of an alarm panel for out of band management and a VPN server inside of the home network that is using PFSense with multiple interfaces and VLANs.

The ROCK64 board with RTC battery connector is not abandon. Check out the FOSDEM PINE64 table stand photo and you may able to spot this board.

This is just a minor change and we will revise board revision during production run sometimes on Q2 2018 timeframe.
Hello tllmm,

Curious if the new Rock64 hardware release has the built in RTC battery connections?

Still running the Pine64 / 2Gb computer for an automation server.  

Looking to downsize the Pine64 automation server to the Rock64 4Gb with eMMC and with RTC automation server and still waiting on the upgraded hardware. 

Note here the meat of my automation does not require the internet to function (including time).

Base lighting automation is via X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee (no wireless stuff though).

While I do tinker with the internet; its more one way than two way taking what I want and putting the rest in a black hole sort of.

Thinking we are now in 2nd quarter 2018.
Pete
Auto mator
(05-02-2018, 06:41 AM)petec Wrote: Hello tllmm,

Curious if the new Rock64 hardware release has the built in RTC battery connections?

Still running the Pine64 / 2Gb computer for an automation server.  

Looking to downsize the Pine64 automation server to the Rock64 4Gb with eMMC and with RTC automation server and still waiting on the upgraded hardware. 

Note here the meat of my automation does not require the internet to function (including time).

Base lighting automation is via X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee (no wireless stuff though).

While I do tinker with the internet; its more one way than two way taking what I want and putting the rest in a black hole sort of.

Thinking we are now in 2nd quarter 2018.

This release already on the plan and originally plan release to production on this month. However, due to focus on ROCKPro64 activity, and has push to June/July.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 No Audio @ Debian 12 dmitrymyadzelets 1 44 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Rock64 bricked shawwwn 7 5,390 Yesterday, 12:22 PM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot luminosity7 10 3,750 03-16-2024, 08:33 AM
  Rock64 doesn't boot dstallmo 1 232 03-16-2024, 08:29 AM
  How well does Rock64 deal with HDR and Atmos on Kodi? drvlikhell 3 1,733 04-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: newestssd
  OpenWRT on the Rock64 CanadianBacon 12 7,734 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: arunkhan
  Rock64 board not working, no HDMI no Ethernet. EDited 3 3,356 01-17-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Flagtrax
  ROCK64 v3 can it boot from USB? Tsagualsa 4 1,927 11-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Macgyver
  rock64 v3 spiflash Macgyver 0 690 11-28-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Macgyver
  my rock64 dosen't work rookie_267 0 891 10-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: rookie_267