Volumio for PINE64 Released
Hi Everyone,
Michelangelo from Volumio here, just to announce that finally Volumio is available for Pine64. For those that don't know Volumio yet, here's a brief overview of it:

Volumio is a free and Open Source Linux Distribution, designed and fine-tuned exclusively for music playback. By flashing (installing) Volumio on any of this platforms, it will then become an headless Audiophile Music Player. 
Headless means that the only  way to control it will be with another Mobile phone, computer or tablet.

This is made possible by Volumio’s UI: a web applications that runs on any device with a browser, and that allows an easy and intuitive control of your playback sessions. 
All communications between the webapp and Volumio will happen through your home network.

FEATURES
  • Minimal operating system, tailored for Bit-Perfect Audio Playback
  • Works with any USB 2.0 DAC
  • Supports all filetypes: FLAC, Alac, Aac, Vorbis, Mp3, DSD etc
  • UPNP Playback
  • Airplay Playback
  • DSD Over PCM support, for non Direct-DSD compatible hardware
  • Integrated WebRadio directories
  • If a compatible wireless hardware is found, Volumio will create an hotspot network for first configuration
  • Mount CIFS and NFS Network Attached Storage, with an auto-discovery function
  • Custom playlist editing and creation
  • Plugin support with new functions available like Spotify and Digital Room Correction
  • Seamless update system: no need to reinstall when a new version is available
  • Multilanguage with a growing number of translations available
  • Image background support, even your favourite one
  • Alarm and sleep function
  • At first boot, it creates an handy hotspot for you to connect to
You can download Volumio for PINE64 @ https://volumio.org/get-started/ 

Enjoy!
Thanks Mike, great news ! Smile Will update our wiki accordingly.

Edit: Moved and stickied the thread.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Grazie Mikelangeloz Smile
(03-07-2017, 11:12 AM)mikelangeloz Wrote: Hi Everyone,
Michelangelo from Volumio here, just to announce that finally Volumio is available for Pine64. For those that don't know Volumio yet, here's a brief overview of it:

Volumio is a free and Open Source Linux Distribution, designed and fine-tuned exclusively for music playback. By flashing (installing) Volumio on any of this platforms, it will then become an headless Audiophile Music Player. 
Headless means that the only  way to control it will be with another Mobile phone, computer or tablet.

This is made possible by Volumio’s UI: a web applications that runs on any device with a browser, and that allows an easy and intuitive control of your playback sessions. 
All communications between the webapp and Volumio will happen through your home network.

FEATURES
  • Minimal operating system, tailored for Bit-Perfect Audio Playback
  • Works with any USB 2.0 DAC
  • Supports all filetypes: FLAC, Alac, Aac, Vorbis, Mp3, DSD etc
  • UPNP Playback
  • Airplay Playback
  • DSD Over PCM support, for non Direct-DSD compatible hardware
  • Integrated WebRadio directories
  • If a compatible wireless hardware is found, Volumio will create an hotspot network for first configuration
  • Mount CIFS and NFS Network Attached Storage, with an auto-discovery function
  • Custom playlist editing and creation
  • Plugin support with new functions available like Spotify and Digital Room Correction
  • Seamless update system: no need to reinstall when a new version is available
  • Multilanguage with a growing number of translations available
  • Image background support, even your favourite one
  • Alarm and sleep function
  • At first boot, it creates an handy hotspot for you to connect to
You can download Volumio for PINE64 @ https://volumio.org/get-started/ 

Enjoy!

Sounds great! Is there a way to install this on an existing pine64 linux installation?
Thumbs Up 
looking feel so good , the pine64 was stronger now it support many software os
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

How is the sound quality and overall stability on Pine64?
Updated Volumio (PINE A64(+)) 2.166-2017-05-11 on Wiki and PINE64 Installer.
I just installed Volumio on my Pine64 board, I can play with it using the Web UI, but there is no sound via the headphone jack port when I was playing the radio. By the way, I also got a PINE64 STEREO AUDIO DAC POT BOARD, can I use it with Volumio?
(09-23-2017, 09:59 AM)jacksun Wrote: I just installed Volumio on my Pine64 board, I can play with it using the Web UI, but there is no sound via the headphone jack port when I was playing the radio. By the way, I also got a PINE64 STEREO AUDIO DAC POT BOARD, can I use it with Volumio?

Looks like Ge is planning on releasing a new (dev) build next week that will support the DAC - take a look at the discussion here.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Updated Volumio (PINE A64(+)) 2.315-2017-11-11 on Wiki and PINE64 Installer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programming languages support under PINE64 baryluk 6 12,016 09-23-2020, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Phillip Bell
  NEMS Linux 1.5 Released for A64/A64+, A64-LTS/SOPine, Rock64, RockPro64 (NAGIOS) Baldnerd 4 9,047 03-28-2020, 06:20 PM
Last Post: ty1911
  Manjaro arm on pine64+ roel 2 5,766 10-19-2019, 05:13 AM
Last Post: roel
  I2S Audio patches for Pine64+ uploaded to GitHub ramstadt 1 3,946 01-19-2019, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ramstadt
  Pine64: Minimal SDL config Max11 3 5,827 01-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Max11
  Fedora 27 on Pine64 gregjo 18 34,449 01-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: heatfanjohn
  Official build procedure of ayufan pine64 r.tanaka 0 3,052 08-21-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: r.tanaka
  DKMS on kernel 3.10.107-pine64 obrienmd 5 8,365 06-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Gentoo for pine64 - longsleep kernel incoherent 0 3,572 12-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: incoherent
  Fedora Running On Pine64! cztian 26 36,276 10-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: gregjo