WiFi Adapter Broke???
I posted this in the general discussion thread; however, I am unsure if the post was removed (did not receive a notification) or if it did not post. I bought the WiFi adapter from Pine and accidentally broke it yesterday. There are two ends to it: the piece that attaches to the board and the black paper-like piece w/ adhesive (forgive me for my basic knowledge of the components). I accidentally detached the wire from where it was soldered onto the black paper-like piece while trying to unplug my pine and losing my grip. Is there any hope to fixing this (especially if I don't have a soldering iron)? I appreciate any help, thank you!

Also, I apologize if this is basic knowledge - I am very new to this whole micro computer thing, but I am really wanting to learn more about it. Thanks again!
(02-22-2017, 10:29 AM)joshdude58 Wrote: I posted this in the general discussion thread; however, I am unsure if the post was removed (did not receive a notification) or if it did not post. I bought the WiFi adapter from Pine and accidentally broke it yesterday. There are two ends to it: the piece that attaches to the board and the black paper-like piece w/ adhesive (forgive me for my basic knowledge of the components). I accidentally detached the wire from where it was soldered onto the black paper-like piece while trying to unplug my pine and losing my grip. Is there any hope to fixing this (especially if I don't have a soldering iron)? I appreciate any help, thank you!

Also, I apologize if this is basic knowledge - I am very new to this whole micro computer thing, but I am really wanting to learn more about it. Thanks again!

A couple of things first;  1) your post may have been accidentally deleted in the process of deleting large amounts of spam in the past two days-- we have been spam hammered, if this is the case please forgive, 2) the external antennae is very fragile and is probably not repairable.

I would recommend ordering a new external antennae ( I have a spare too ).  Also I recommend using scotch tape ( clear tape ) to gently tape the antennae in place DO NOT use the antennae's own sticky surface !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(02-22-2017, 12:47 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 10:29 AM)joshdude58 Wrote: I posted this in the general discussion thread; however, I am unsure if the post was removed (did not receive a notification) or if it did not post. I bought the WiFi adapter from Pine and accidentally broke it yesterday. There are two ends to it: the piece that attaches to the board and the black paper-like piece w/ adhesive (forgive me for my basic knowledge of the components). I accidentally detached the wire from where it was soldered onto the black paper-like piece while trying to unplug my pine and losing my grip. Is there any hope to fixing this (especially if I don't have a soldering iron)? I appreciate any help, thank you!

A couple of things first;  1) your post may have been accidentally deleted in the process of deleting large amounts of spam in the past two days-- we have been spam hammered, if this is the case please forgive, 2) the external antennae is very fragile and is probably not repairable.

I would recommend ordering a new external antennae ( I have a spare too ).  Also I recommend using scotch tape ( clear tape ) to gently tape the antennae in place DO NOT use the antennae's own sticky surface !

Thank you for your reply! The scotch tape is a good idea haha I wish I had done that! Would a USB wifi adapter work, or does it have to be the particular piece for the Pine? My fear is that the same accident might happen again. 

Also, shockingly, the wifi piece still works, it just seems like it is not picking up as strong of a connection
you can just get a new wifi antenna with U.FL connector from Amazon, like

https://www.amazon.com/2-4ghz-3dbi-Rp-sm...=u.fl+wifi

also works better than the original
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiFi nano adapter EDIMAX chrissiles 7 10,460 02-26-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Matthew
  WiFi module questions EricNelson 4 7,058 04-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Last Post: EricNelson
  Pine's HDMI-VGA adapter SkimMilk 4 7,187 01-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: wpersin
  USB Wifi Dongle XFSmiles 18 28,553 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: pres
  MAC address of Pine wifi and Bluetooth addon clawinus 2 5,745 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
Exclamation wifi chip dominator18 5 6,141 06-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Iugirl524
  HDMI --> VGA Adapter Compatibility marco97pa 18 20,557 05-08-2016, 04:05 AM
Last Post: frewind