Cable for LCD
(02-28-2016, 01:47 PM)patrickhwood Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 12:59 PM)matthewclso Wrote: Hello, I noticed that Pine A64 uses MIPI DSI and touch port.  I know the MIPI DSI is 4 pin but what kind is the touch controller port?  Will this work?  It says it has S3402 touch ic controller.  I have also seen some with S3508 touch ic.

You can't assume that touch panel controllers are interchangeable.  If you can't find out more about that touch IC and find an existing linux driver for it, you won't get it to work out of the box without writing or adapting a different driver to it.

I know that touch controllers aren't interchangeable, which is why I need to know the type on the Pine a64 itself.  I've looked on the Pine a64 wiki and it's just listed as "touch panel controller."  Does anyone know the specific type of touch controller port this is?
(02-28-2016, 03:58 PM)matthewclso Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 12:59 PM)matthewclso Wrote: Hello, I noticed that Pine A64 uses MIPI DSI and touch port.  I know the MIPI DSI is 4 pin but what kind is the touch controller port?  Will this work?  It says it has S3402 touch ic controller.  I have also seen some with S3508 touch ic.

You can't assume that touch panel controllers are interchangeable.  If you can't find out more about that touch IC and find an existing linux driver for it, you won't get it to work out of the box without writing or adapting a different driver to it.

I know that touch controllers aren't interchangeable, which is why I need to know the type on the Pine a64 itself.  I've looked on the Pine a64 wiki and it's just listed as "touch panel controller."  Does anyone know the specific type of touch controller port this is?

It is I2C with Interrupt.
(02-29-2016, 02:17 AM)tllim Wrote: It is I2C with Interrupt.
This is just the interconnect method, since no datasheet has been posted to the wiki for the touch controller, it is impossible to see if another device is compatible.
(02-29-2016, 06:56 AM)MichaelMeissner Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 02:17 AM)tllim Wrote: It is I2C with Interrupt.
This is just the interconnect method, since no datasheet has been posted to the wiki for the touch controller, it is impossible to see if another device is compatible.

I have request the touch control data sheet info and will post on this week when received.
(02-28-2016, 03:58 PM)matthewclso Wrote:

Note that other i2c touch panel controllers are also supported by linux.  Here are the ones supported on the 3.10 kernel: http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/dri...en/?v=3.10
Quote: "Hello, I noticed that Pine A64 uses MIPI DSI and touch port. I know the MIPI DSI is 4 pin but what kind is the touch controller port? Will this work? It says it has S3402 touch ic controller. I have also seen some with S3508 touch ic."

Very interesting question, i saw the same display. so i think it isn't possible to use this touchscreen?
I see lots of members have asked about the ribbon cable for the LCD and if it came with the LCD. I purchased a LCD and was concerned since I didn't see the cable sold separate. It's been stated on quite a few posts that the cable does indeed come with the LCD. I was wondering if the touch cable is one single cable or if it's two at the board that goes into one at the LCD? If in fact it's a separate cable will it also come with the LCD?
There is an adapter board and cable for the lcd along with lcd and touch panel cables attached to the screen itself, it all attaches relatively easily to the pine
(06-05-2016, 04:25 PM)nagmier Wrote: There is an adapter board and cable for the lcd along with lcd and touch panel cables attached to the screen itself, it all attaches relatively easily to the pine

Does anyone have instructions and pics for connecting the LCD to the board? I'm just trying to learn this on the fly (no experience).

I went to a computer repair shop and they refused to provide any assistance.
(06-15-2016, 02:26 PM)Aelfward Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 04:25 PM)nagmier Wrote: There is an adapter board and cable for the lcd along with lcd and touch panel cables attached to the screen itself, it all attaches relatively easily to the pine

Does anyone have instructions and pics for connecting the LCD to the board?  I'm just trying to learn this on the fly (no experience).  

I went to a computer repair shop and they refused to provide any assistance.

flip the little gray door up with a plastic tool (or a fingernail) (not out, but up, like a hinge. i made that mistake and tore it right off. it went right back on though.)
insert the flat cable, pins side down (it will remain loose until the next step)
flip the grey door down and push it down. the cable will now be locked in place.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ribbon Cable Extenders ? Severian 14 18,892 08-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Last Post: jodybrown99