Ribbon Cable Extenders ?
So my Pine64 2g board of course arrived without the play box I ordered with my pledge. Been able to play around with it just sitting on the desk, everything works good. Since I have no idea IF or WHEN the playbox will arrive, I've been digging around the house for something to use as a sort of case enclosure. Have found a couple of unique plastic boxes that would work, but the ribbon cables for the TP won't be long enough. Can of course just use the hdmi, but if I could find some ribbon cable extensions for the TP I'd be able to hook that up as well.

Anybody know where I could find ribbon cable extensions? just need to extend them 2 or 3 inches....
(06-26-2016, 06:08 AM)Severian Wrote: So my Pine64 2g board of course arrived without the play box I ordered with my pledge. Been able to play around with it just sitting on the desk, everything works good. Since I have no idea IF or WHEN the playbox will arrive, I've been digging around the house for something to use as a sort of case enclosure. Have found a couple of unique plastic boxes that would work, but the ribbon cables for the TP won't be long enough. Can of course just use the hdmi, but if I could find some ribbon cable extensions for the TP I'd be able to hook that up as well.

Anybody know where I could find ribbon cable extensions? just need to extend them 2 or 3 inches....

We plan to provided another longer LCD extension cable when playbox shipped on late July.
Like Severian, I received my Pine64 2gb board and touch screen this week and was keen to try it out. Unfortunately the included ribbon cable was glued at one end to the cardboard box and didn't survive my careful attempts to remove it. Would this 30 core, 0.5mm pitch FFC/FPC cable be an appropriate replacement?
http://uk.farnell.com/wurth-elektronik/6...dp/2520249
(06-26-2016, 07:07 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 06:08 AM)Severian Wrote: So my Pine64 2g board of course arrived without the play box I ordered with my pledge. Been able to play around with it just sitting on the desk, everything works good. Since I have no idea IF or WHEN the playbox will arrive, I've been digging around the house for something to use as a sort of case enclosure. Have found a couple of unique plastic boxes that would work, but the ribbon cables for the TP won't be long enough. Can of course just use the hdmi, but if I could find some ribbon cable extensions for the TP I'd be able to hook that up as well.

We plan to provided another longer LCD extension cable when playbox shipped on late July.

Tllim- are you referring to an extension cable for TP? I really hope so.

Matt
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
the linked cable has a drawing,
http://www.farnell.com/cad/1955751.pdf
i have not been able to find a drawing for the stock one but the spacings need to be the same for it to work.
My email to Pine eventually got through the queue and a replacement cable was promised. By that point I'd already ordered the cable from Farnell anyway and am happy to report that it was a perfect fit. I was also able to get the screen working after downloading the latest Android build. So far, so good!
(07-24-2016, 02:02 PM)InspectorDigit Wrote: My email to Pine eventually got through the queue and a replacement cable was promised. By that point I'd already ordered the cable from Farnell anyway and am happy to report that it was a perfect fit. I was also able to get the screen working after downloading the latest Android build. So far, so good!

thank you for reporting that info on fit. i was able to locate the cable on digi-key in u.s and it is good to know that it has proper fit.
What about a TP extension cable? That's what I'd like most.

Matt
(07-24-2016, 10:38 AM)Bluphire Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 07:07 PM)tllim Wrote:

Tllim- are you referring to an extension cable for TP? I really hope so.

Matt

The extension is for the LCD ribbon, not for TP.
IMHO, both cables need extensions.

Matt

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cable for LCD sbentjies 21 29,842 07-03-2016, 04:19 AM
Last Post: robpaz