Why no USB-Debugging possible???
(09-24-2016, 09:12 AM)tampadave Wrote: I'm currently working on the desire to connect via a usb cable, the pine64s to a GNU/Linux host, and have full OpenSSH facilities.  Why?  Because we have, at this point, lots of "doa" labeled product out here that is not doa, but hdcp'd due to hdmi's crap hdcp evil.

Do you mean this sort of thing David? You can then plug the USB cable in, and get full access to the pine64 via the serial console. It's always possible to make up something like this thing I did with a bit of scrap perfboard, or just plug the USB-to-serial adapter into the correct three pins on the expansion header, but nothing beats a ready to use use module when dealing with newbies. 

As far as USB debug not working, it might be helpful if you start by saying which version of Android you're running on the pine64! Are you using 5.1.1 or the newer 7.0 build? If it's 7.0, if you get ayufan's attention here on the forum, you may get some developer support. Otherwise, if it is indeed 7.0 you're running, you could open an issue on the github issue tracker. But you will need to be patient, because as David indicated, whilst there are a lot of things working for the pine64, there is a longer or nearly as long list of things that aren't. However, I don't think that is the case for Android... it is probably the most feature-complete OS for the pine64, especially on the video playback front! Wink Even so, most of the development that is happening is community driven, and people only have so much 'spare time' to work on this!

Messages In This Thread
Why no USB-Debugging possible??? - by tommypine - 09-24-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: Why no USB-Debugging possible??? - by pfeerick - 09-24-2016, 08:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I found ADB debugging method via USB(OTG) Port spbrain 1 4,288 04-23-2018, 01:49 AM
Last Post: yasser.moj
  Android USB debugging and OTG device mode jonsmirl 0 4,182 07-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jonsmirl