Updating?
Question 
What's the preferred/best way to keep Debian on the Pine64 up-to-date? Interested in both apps as well as the system/OS itself.
hi, read the tutorials on pine64.pro.

... you will get some debate about that. My personal opinion about the matter is that, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

The images don't get updated that often. If you know that there has been an update (and you 'need' it) then by all means update your system. Some people update from the source (and backports) regularly just because... and that's ok, if you don't mind the risk. Make sure your sources are correct, and then update the system with the standard debian update commands every so often.

edit: PS ... good chatting with your on irc. Come back anytime.

edit: reminder: man apt-get use the tools install , update , upgrade , &c
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
i tried update, upgrade and dist-upgrade, works fine on mate but lxde did not boot after reboot and power off.... anything I am missing?
Also after these updates, I cannot install Chromium 50, so i installed 53 instead but cannot load any page at all, even the setting page... Any suggestions?
I did a bunch of updates recently. I now have Firefox instead of IceWeasel, but Firefox won't launch so I'm not sure what went wrong. Still poking around with it.
(10-10-2016, 01:16 PM)sremick Wrote: I did a bunch of updates recently. I now have Firefox instead of IceWeasel, but Firefox won't launch so I'm not sure what went wrong. Still poking around with it.

This is an old image - you may wish to switch over to Jessie or Stretch from ayufan if debian is what you want.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(09-07-2017, 06:48 AM)Luke Wrote: This is an old image - you may wish to switch over to Jessie or Stretch from ayufan if debian is what you want.

Thanks. At this point though I think I'm going to just be selling my Pine64 (complete with case and power supply). It's not really proving to be as useful to me as I had hoped, so I'm going to move on to other projects.