System process stopped responding and reboots
Hello,

So I flashed remix OS 20160718 64Gb on my pine, on a class10 sd card and I'm using the Pine provided power block.

First it took a long time to boot, now the boot is not too bad, after several attempts I managed to get past the keyboard selection and license agreement.

So I'm now on the desktop and I managed to open the settings and to activate the wifi but even without activating it the system process ends up blocking so I choose to wait but no long after the pine reboots....

I was using ubuntu mate for a few weeks without issues except a bit of an unresponsive interface but RemixOs is unusable for me.

Any idea/fix?
(08-08-2016, 05:28 AM)exa Wrote: Hello,

So I flashed remix OS 20160718 64Gb on my pine, on a class10 sd card and I'm using the Pine provided power block.

First it took a long time to boot, now the boot is not too bad, after several attempts I managed to get past the keyboard selection and license agreement.

So I'm now on the desktop and I managed to open the settings and to activate the wifi but even without activating it the system process ends up blocking so I choose to wait but no long after the pine reboots....

I was using ubuntu mate for a few weeks without issues except a bit of an unresponsive interface but RemixOs is unusable for me.

Any idea/fix?
I'm in the same boat just haven't got the time to fIgure out what's changed, I use an apple charger plug but I suspect it's my memory card gone Bad
Sounds like the SD card got corrupted.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Any idea/fix?

it sounds like you have never done much android /remix setup . what you describe is normal for the most part. android/remix in particular takes a while and also reboot one or two times at install. the best thing to do is just leave it alone except for the informations entries.
(08-11-2016, 06:21 AM)dkryder Wrote:

Any idea/fix?

it sounds like you have never done much android /remix setup . what you describe is normal for the most part. android/remix in particular takes a while and also reboot one or two times at install. the best thing to do is just leave it alone except for the informations entries.

On the first boot-up of Android it is important to let the system run for at least 15-20 minutes before rebooting or powering off. There are background processes which must complete on the first boot-up and interfering with those just causes problems later.

Just let the system alone for twenty minutes on the first bootup (with the ethernet unplugged) .  Just leave it alone.  Always do a normal shutdown.  With android that means that you must have a power switch installed; either soldered in, or attached with jumpers at the EXP header.   Pressing and HOLDING the power button will bring up the shutdown dialogue...   failing to shutdown and just removing power is a bad idea, leading to corrupt SD cards... words to the wise.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I'm a bit late but I did let it boot up by itself but what happens is that I can't let it run for 15-20mins it just reboots after some time, I guess I can try flashing again :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Adding of WiFi/BT board causing reboots mmb 7 10,993 07-16-2016, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Toriless