PinePhone doesn't boot anymore
PinePhone doesn't boot anymore
When I receive the PinePhonePro one week ago, I had used it booting on the Sailfish OS. It worked just fine.
After some days without charging the smartphone, when I have pressed the power button, I access the bootloader but I can't boot anymore on the preinstalled Sailfish OS.... I have try this a lot of time (the pinephone was "charging" via the usbc) but I can't boot anymore on the preinstall OS... black screen...

So I flash a SD card with Mobian and I correctly boot from the flashed image from the SD card. Then I have flashed the eMMC with the Mobian image from the SD card.
However, when I restart the pinephone I could not access the pinephone bootloader anymore (black screen and green led)...
No bootloader after flasing the eMMC. No vibration anymore. I don't understand why as the mobian has been flashed with mobian installer (without problem it's seems).

So I have try to charge the pinephonepro via a charger. The green LED flashes for more than one night.
=> Still no access to the bootloader. Pinephonepro can't boot, black screen.

So I press the RE button to the pinephone and connect to my laptop to enter on mask mode. No green led on mask mode.
[lapin@fedora ~]$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 043: ID 2207:330c Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Company RK3399 in Mask ROM mode
[lapin@fedora ~]$

However I see nothing appropriate to the pinephonepro via lsblk
[lapin@fedora ~]$ lsblk
[lapin@fedora ~]$

I had let the pinephone (witout green led) on mask mode connect to the laptop more than one night.
Still no bootloader and still black screen and green led on power on...

I don't understand what is the problem exactly. Is the battery drained ? Is the eMMC corrupted ?
Can I do something with bus ID from lsusb from the laptop ? Can I access the eMMC from my laptop ?
I don't know if the battery is beeing completly discharged and the phone beeing unnable to charge the battery while beeing turned off.
How can I fix all of this ?

Thanks you in advance for your help.
I would love to be able to use my pinephonepro.
Best Regards
New PinePhone Pro fails...

I have had a PinePhone for three years that still works well. The battery is not working as well now, but with a simple power bank it is still doable. In addition, there is no damage and the screen has not yet had a single scratch.

Since July 12, 2024, I have had a new PinePhone Pro that failed after a few days in terms of calling and sound. The SIM card works properly, so it is something with the software or hardware. In addition, the battery drains quite quickly and the device becomes very warm/hot.

I have already contacted several times about this by e-mail Pine64-EU. One time there was a confirmation of receipt, but no substantive response has been received to date.
Hello,

My PinePhonePro can not still boot.

I have also try to:
- change the battery with a new fresh one (EB-BJ700BBC).
- reload the original battery directly from an external universal charger more than 2 days.
No changes. The PinePhone cannot boot, no bootlader, black screen and green led.

on mask mode.
[lapin@fedora ~]$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 043: ID 2207:330c Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Company RK3399 in Mask ROM mode
[lapin@fedora ~]$

However I see nothing appropriate to the pinephonepro via lsblk
[lapin@fedora ~]$ lsblk
[lapin@fedora ~]$

I don't know how to inspect the eMMC from my laptop. Is the bootloader corrupted ? Is the eMMC corrupted ? Is there are a hardware battery problem ?
How to fix the problem?

Please can you help me, i am blocked.

I would love to be able to use the PinePhone that I just by few weeks ago.

Thanks you in advance,
Best Regards,
There was no problem of battery or hardware.
The bootloader on the SPI was deleted by the mobian image installer...
Installing Two-Boot fix the problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to boot from SD card in PPP joespodie 2 460 08-02-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: mikehenson
  New PinePhone Pro fails... P. Siera 5 758 08-01-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: P. Siera
  A way to view or log the splash screen on Pinephone Pro running ArchLinux (Danctnix) PHLEMON 4 627 07-30-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: PHLEMON
  PinePhone Pro silver lining, it’s fast, real damn fast ashoka232 2 1,453 07-30-2024, 05:58 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Is my PinePhone Pro dead? jlioret 2 1,846 07-28-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dchang0
  Pinephone Pro does not start with RE button pressed c0ssan 11 7,230 07-28-2024, 03:21 PM
  Will a Pinephone Pro (Explorer) work with TING wpeckham 8 4,013 07-28-2024, 03:04 PM
  Pinephone Pro: Determined To Make It (Drive-able) USeeks 3 642 07-20-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Show me your "portable" PinePhone Pro setup! Danct12 5 4,085 07-20-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Emeliaee3
  PinePhone Pro/IMX258 Camera Debugging problem jasperji 0 470 06-15-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: jasperji