OTA file
Hi @tllim 

Can you post the OTA links once they are available or at least update the news part of the forum. At the moment I am getting "unknown error" when checking for the OTA so I assume its either being readied or the server is under load.

cheers
Backer #6878
shipment status: arrived
(08-01-2016, 09:52 PM)mikey0000 Wrote: Hi @tllim 

Can you post the OTA links once they are available or at least update the news part of the forum. At the moment I am getting "unknown error" when checking for the OTA so I assume its either being readied or the server is under load.

cheers

I will post the OTA file today for user that interest to perform offline update. We have one hiccup on the online OTA update and the involved engineer currently fixing it.
cheers @tllim doing an amazing job as always!
Backer #6878
OTA file already uploaded: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...e_20160711
How can one use the OTA update file with a rooted image to update the installed Android version?

Can anyone share the steps?
(08-04-2016, 02:07 PM)ViperVi Wrote: How can one use the OTA update file with a rooted image to update the installed Android version?

Can anyone share the steps?

Unroot and apply the image I would guess.
Backer #6878
downloaded and it reboots into recovery how do i install i click update from internal storage and it asks a location where is the ota file located

ok now im getting ota failed , status 7 error in cache/update.zip
(08-11-2016, 04:43 AM)stephen0205 Wrote: downloaded and it reboots into recovery how do i install i click update from internal storage and it asks a location where is the ota file located

I have the same problem.

[Image: nvnWy_IkJFK6Y5MWrLxG3_sI0or8cS_GFUdrBx0p...80-h909-rw]
(08-11-2016, 09:13 AM)BigOgoid Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 04:43 AM)stephen0205 Wrote: downloaded and it reboots into recovery how do i install i click update from internal storage and it asks a location where is the ota file located

I have the same problem.

[Image: nvnWy_IkJFK6Y5MWrLxG3_sI0or8cS_GFUdrBx0p...80-h909-rw]

probably corrupted, download manually and apply, worked for me.
Backer #6878
I tried both the native updater and downloading the update myself. Both verify OK but during the install they both error out. Native updater returns to the recovery screen with a log message saying status error 7 in cache/update.zip. and something about being unable to mount a partition/permission denied to the cache. The manual install has the installing message changing to an error that either says something along the lines of an aborted install or simply "error" and instead of returning to the recovery screen it just hangs so that I have to do a hard reset every time. I've redownloaded both updates a couple times, just in case they were corrupted during download or something, but the native updater keeps the same error while the manual error flip-flops. I checked the recovery logs and I see a lot of "wrong format" comments. That's probably a flag in my face right there ha

buhhhhhhhhh. Dodgy

I'm gonna keep looking/trying but I thought I'd share my experience so far   Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to modify HOSTS file rvalecruz 1 3,231 02-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  I can get Internet Connection, However I cannot download APK File (Kitkat and Lollipo deniyulianti 0 2,197 10-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: deniyulianti
  Access file systems nanoprobe 6 8,109 08-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Last Post: nanoprobe