Ghost inputs on volume input on recent OS releases
Question 
I've been playing with new and different OS images on SD cards on my pinephone pro since I got it. I noticed about 6 months ago the latest Mobian release I imaged would show random but very regular volume changes to the internal speaker. Looked like a hardware issue at first, but the problem followed the software I was using as going back to an earlier release or a totally different OS made the problem go away. Today, all the well supported releases seem to have the same bug. The strange part being that I can't find any other posts with the problem. Is there some combination of things on my system causing this?
I'm having this same problem, but it started right after i flashed the latest rk2aw pre-loader. I'm still trying to find others who had the same happen with rk2aw.
(03-15-2024, 04:49 PM)TipsyTheCat Wrote: I'm having this same problem, but it started right after i flashed the latest rk2aw pre-loader. I'm still trying to find others who had the same happen with rk2aw.

It happens both with the original bootloader and with Tow-Boot on mine. Interesting that you see the same trouble but from a different source.
I think I am having this issue currently on Manjaro.

I just got a pinephone this week, and so far I can't update it without breaking the volume buttons to the point of losing the ability to interact with the touchscreen GUI to even log in. The OS essentially bricks, but I can re-install the operating system.

Context:
1.) I am only using Manjaro because I've seen that as the most recommended OS. I am more familiar with debian based distributions so I don't mind switching. From this Thread though, it seems the issue may be happening on other operating systems.

2.) I can install the Manjaro Beta15 KDE to the PPP. No issues, and the phone runs perfectly fine. From here I can update using the terminal with sudo pacman -Syu. If I do this and reboot the phone: the "volume up" trigger fires off rapidly with no further input from me and I can't even use the phone's onscreen keyboard to log in because it gets interrupted by the "volume up" trigger.

3.) I wiped and installed Manjaro Phosh Beta 14. Again no issues after install. However this time I tried updating from the Software managing app built into the OS rather than the command line. After reboot: same symptoms.

I tried hunting Github to and manjaro forums to see if there was an open issue on this, and so far nothing.

Has anyone here been able to recreate this issue, and more importantly has anyone found a fix or workaround? Willing to do anything to just get this phone working to where I can install some services on it.

Thank you all for any help and/or thoughts.
Well, whatever is or was going on with my PPP, the latest Mobian weekly image seems to be free of that particular bug. https://images.mobian.org/pinephonepro/w...324.img.xz It was as bad as your issue, chwunny, where the issue interrupts the interface to the point that it is basically a brick. Maybe give that image a try?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shut down button on developer releases Emilio 1 1,249 06-12-2022, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Emilio
  Screen keyboard Japanese input issue Yst 1 1,207 04-30-2022, 09:13 PM
Last Post: TRS-80