Issue with incoming VoIP calls.
I've been searching for a VoIP app that works well on Pinephone, and so far, the only one that appears to be useful is the default app, Gnome Calls. However, I've encountered an issue with this app where it functions fine for making outgoing calls but fails to work for incoming calls. tunnel rush

Upon capturing with tcpdump, I've noticed that the app maintains registration as long as the phone has an internet connection. However, when there is a temporary disruption in the internet connection followed by its restoration, the app fails to re-register. Even toggling the app's UI on and off (with the process running in the background) doesn't resolve the issue. To re-establish registration, I either need to make an outgoing call or disable and re-enable the VoIP account. This workaround works until the next internet outage occurs.

I'm curious if anyone has experience using a VoIP app with Pinephone, running either Arch or Postmarket OS, that consistently maintains SIP registration and reliably handles incoming VoIP calls.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having an issue flashing my 0x64. Invalid literal for int() with base 16 3BeetMassacre 1 898 03-21-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: 3BeetMassacre
  Pinebuds and Calls kandrew 0 869 03-03-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: kandrew
  VoIP incoming calls issue saddamus 0 626 08-24-2022, 03:59 PM
Last Post: saddamus
  Forum issue: not receiving emails marcih 9 8,042 02-11-2021, 06:36 AM
Last Post: marcih
  unable to make or receive calls jba32409 3 4,921 12-22-2020, 03:21 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity