Battery discharges completely while the Tab2 is powered off between less than 24hs
Hi,

I got a PineTab2 some days ago. It still runs with the presinstalled OS.
Does anyone know the problem described in the title and how to solve it?

And another question I have about the battey ist how to improve the charging-speed. I use a powerfull charger from my Laptop which charges the battery of it in less than 2.5 hours. But to charge the battery of the PinteTab ist takes more than 5 hours. Is there a way to optimize this.

Greetings
Acquire a network connection via the directions on the Wiki and update it.

Use an appropriate charger: 15W – 5V 3A

Mine has been good for weekday work use, I just charge it overnight.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
I have this problem, have updated, still seems to be an issue, how would an update help when it discharges powered off?
When I posted that, mine wouldn’t fully shutdown and an update fixed it, along with the battery status indicator.

Make sure that you see the tablet does indeed power off before closing the case and throwing it in your bag; If it’s discharging, it is not powered off.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery mshelby 2 935 08-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: alpopa
  Pinetab completely bricked Saksmito 8 2,608 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Can the PineTab work without the battery? Luattoli 3 5,169 12-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Battery Weight/Removing back cover frequently janat08 1 3,465 09-29-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: tllim