Unable to upgrade from 1.12 to 1.13
When I try to upgrade via Gadgetbridge as I did for previous upgrades, the upload of the firmware starts, the watch shows 0%, Gadgetbridge says 13% then the watch reboots. I tried with NRFConnect, exactly same behaviour. Of course, the software wasn't upgraded. Not sure how to see what the problem is.

Is there a problem with 1.13?

EDIT: I have a second PineTime that I never used, with 1.6. Trying to upgrade to 1.13 results in exactly the same problem. So either I am doing something not right or the DFU does not work.
(10-22-2023, 07:15 AM)Avron Wrote: When I try to upgrade via Gadgetbridge as I did for previous upgrades, the upload of the firmware starts, the watch shows 0%, Gadgetbridge says 13% then the watch reboots. I tried with NRFConnect, exactly same behaviour. Of course, the software wasn't upgraded. Not sure how to see what the problem is.

EDIT: I have a second PineTime that I never used, with 1.6. Trying to upgrade to 1.13 results in exactly the same problem. So either I am doing something not right or the DFU does not work.

I have the same issue, upgrading from 1.12 to 1.13, get's to 13% and Pinetime reboots and Gadgetbridge says Failed.
(10-22-2023, 07:15 AM)Avron Wrote: When I try to upgrade via Gadgetbridge as I did for previous upgrades, the upload of the firmware starts, the watch shows 0%, Gadgetbridge says 13% then the watch reboots. I tried with NRFConnect, exactly same behaviour. Of course, the software wasn't upgraded. Not sure how to see what the problem is.

Hi there,

TL;DR: This seems to be a Gadgetbride problem, the firmware upgrade works with a different companion app (in my case, WatchMate).

I had the same issue with a brand new PineTime, running Infinitime 1.11. The upgrade did not only fail for Infinitime 1.13, but also for updating to Infinitime 1.12. As the latter upgrade used to work with Gadgetbride, but does not now, this seems to be a problem of the companion app.

Doing the upgrade with a different app (in my case WatchMate) worked flawlessly, so (even though Gadgetbridge should just do the firmware upgrade) a reliable and easy workaround exists.

Annoyingly, having a look at the log files of Gadgetbride did not reveal helpful info, but only said that after starting the firmware upgrade the device gets disconnected, without providing a reason. If anyone wants to help digging through Gadgetbride's end of the issue, let me know.
(10-30-2023, 05:47 AM)hadfg Wrote:

Hi there,

TL;DR: This seems to be a Gadgetbride problem, the firmware upgrade works with a different companion app (in my case, WatchMate).

I had the same issue with a brand new PineTime, running Infinitime 1.11. The upgrade did not only fail for Infinitime 1.13, but also for updating to Infinitime 1.12. As the latter upgrade used to work with Gadgetbride, but does not now, this seems to be a problem of the companion app.

Doing the upgrade with a different app (in my case WatchMate) worked flawlessly, so (even though Gadgetbridge should just do the firmware upgrade) a reliable and easy workaround exists.

Annoyingly, having a look at the log files of Gadgetbride did not reveal helpful info, but only said that after starting the firmware upgrade the device gets disconnected, without providing a reason. If anyone wants to help digging through Gadgetbride's end of the issue, let me know.

Just to make sure this is a Gadgetbridge issue and not due to the smartphone OS: Which mobile OS do you guys happen to use?
I am using GrapheneOS (Android 14 base). The upgrade to Android 14 is fairly recent, so maybe this introduced a bug?
On the other hand, if you use a different Android version, it is pretty solidly a Gadgetbridge issue, for which case I made this forum post.
Hello everyone, have the same issue with a brand new PT, on a Graphene OS, fully updated.
I also loose connection when I try to update, and need to re-pair the watch.
Unfortunately, cannot update from Linux.

Thanks for your help.
I also had this issue on a brand new watch.
Workaround was easy peasy: grabbed an iPhone at work and installed InfiniLink. Connection is seamleass and upgrading even more. Shame on Apple and their walled garden, for ruining such a well made app. Angry

Now I'm back to my Android with GadgetBridge, and the PT is upgraded. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Open box, upgrade, dead watch? ahaplesshappenstance 5 2,914 06-25-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: ahaplesshappenstance
  Upgrade IC pratyush049 1 2,934 09-06-2020, 01:04 AM
Last Post: tllim