3 1/2 years with PBP !
Well, I ordered my trusty PBP back in March 2020, and it's been my trusty every-day driver (for non-work-related) for the last three and a half years.  It's been a journey!

I upgraded to a 1 TB EMMC using the M.2/NGFF NVMe SSD Interface Adapter.  I updated the old trackpad drivers.  Many, many OS updates on Arch (Manjaro)  Big Grin

I keep hearing rumors of a newer PBP coming out some day, but I don't think that's happened (did I miss anything)?  I would like an upgrade, preferably in CPU and RAM.  What recommendations do you all have?

• Will there be a newer model?  (Or did I miss a big upgrade somewhere?)
  • Any tried and true ways to speed up the CPU or save the 4GB of RAM?

Feel free to link any threads rather than type a long explanation.  Thanks so much to the community for all your support!

(10-11-2023, 07:39 AM)Phillip Bell Wrote: Update to add I have the Pinephone as well, but I don't really use it.  It's just not a good everyday phone - maybe the Explorer edition would be an improvement.
Crickets ...
I'm not affiliated, but the closest thing at the moment may be: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2 (which seems to support a keyboard)

Things seem to have slow down a bit with Pine64 judging by the sparse blog posts. But when I visit the european store there are stocked items (unlike in previous months), so maybe they're busy on that front - organizing physical warehouses and shipping.
(10-11-2023, 07:39 AM)Phillip Bell Wrote: Well, I ordered my trusty PBP back in March 2020, and it's been my trusty every-day driver (for non-work-related) for the last three and a half years.  

Me too!  I bought at the start of the pandemic to spend my isolation to 'learn linux' on a machine that 'needed work'.  As it turned out, my PBP has had few troubles and is still going strong, used almost every day.  Great product, would love to support a new version.